Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Bow

Old 07-11-2006, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default New Bow

I am the proud owner of a new Reflex Highlander. I purchased it last night at a local shop. It's set up with a Drop-Tine Whisker Bisquit, Carolina FoxFire TP 3-Pin sight, and Doinker 5-inch stabilizer. I also purchased 6 Gold Tip XT Hunters. This is one sweet shooting bow. After sighting in at 30 yds I put three arrows in the center circle. Very light, very accurate bow. I looked at it based on reviews I read on this site and others. I also shot a couple other bows (Fred Bear Instinct, and the Reflex Buckskin), but there was no comparision IMO.

Old 07-11-2006, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Bow

Nice rig!--how do you like that foxfire sight?I am looking at the single pin model--i like to be able to adjust without tools
Old 07-11-2006, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

Sweet bow i also wanna know how u like that sight ive been lookin at buyen one.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:28 AM
Fork Horn

I haven't shot the bow much yet, but I do like the site. It's a smaller aperature than alot of the others I looked at, but it's also and all metal site, versus others that are plastic bodied. The micro-adjustments are nice, and very easy to set (no tools). It's not as bright as a Toxonics or others, but bright enough. Honestly, the selection at the shop was limited, especially in my price range. It came down to a Toxonics, a Copper John, and the FoxFire. I liked the FoxFire the best of the three. I would have liked to of seen the Trophy Ridge Flatliner, but I'm happy with the FoxFire. They did have a TruGlo, but only in 5-pin. I have no need for 5 pins. Personally, I like the smaller aperature.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:36 AM

congrats on the sweet set-up,good luck with it this season

Old 07-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

whats the ata on that bow? also did you get it chrono'd by chance thats your first thought is "how fast is she"
Old 07-11-2006, 09:55 AM

Nice new set-up.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

Cougar,

The ATA is 35-1/2. I did not have it chrono'd, but the IBO is 305. I'm shooting 55 lbs at a 30 inch draw, so I imagine it's in the neighborhood of 250-260, but that's just a guess. I'll chrono it once I get completely set. I may end up shooting 60 lbs after I build up my shooting muscles. I'm just getting back in to archery after a 15 year layoff, so I'm a bit rusty.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

its sheeting slower than that with just 50 lb pull maybe 230-240