Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's The Status Of The Rut In You're Area??

Old 11-04-2002, 10:07 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-04-2002, 10:08 AM

Default RE: What's The Status Of The Rut In You're Area??

Hi
Western MA is just starting to turn on. Plenty of scrapes and rub lines, but limited chasing and daytime sightings of good bucks.
Probably another good week or so.
Old 11-04-2002, 10:54 AM

Rut is just about ready to start up here in South Western Pennsylvania. The rubs and scrapes have been appearing for over a month now. Within the next week or so the rut should be in full swing. Bucks are starting to get stupid and love crazy. Last night I filmed a nice 8 point running a doe. At first, he was just feeding beside her. I pulled out my True Talker and rut grunted and he stopped feeding and just chased that doe all over the field. (We were spotting) and this activity was happening around 8:00 p.m. I was really hoping to get some video of this buck bredding this doe, but, she ran into the woods and he was right behind her with his nose to the ground. So deer are probablly breeding now, but, within the next week, the majority of deer should be breeding.

Good Luck This Season: Buck Magnet

Check out my hunting PICS here http://community.webshots.com/user/buckmagnet
Old 11-04-2002, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

VERY SLOW in Northern MI. Just starting seeing some scrape and rub activity this past weekend. I'm out at least every other day and talk to many hunters across the U.P. and the story is the same.

One thing and I don't know if there is any relation but I am seeing more and more wolf activity than ever before.
Old 11-04-2002, 05:53 PM

Turkey_Hunter where bouts you huntin in SE Ohio?

Ive been spending all my free time hunting SE Ohio(Noble/Belmont co)...and to my surprise I am not finding hardly any rubs and scrapes....been hunting this farm for almost 15 years and places that are PERENIAL scrap lines there is no activity at all. Even the 4 scrapes I did find were very small 1/2 made things you could barely even tell it was a scrape.

all very puzzling because on Oct 20th I witnessed a small 8 pointer breed a doe

** I almost got him but I refuse to take a marginal shot **
Old 11-04-2002, 06:43 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-04-2002, 06:51 PM

The rut looks just around the corner here in Nebraska, predicted to be 11/10-15. Scrapes showing up everywhere and had a buck hit by a car just down the road. They're starting to run the does and get a little stupid. This might be the first time the rut peaks during archery season instead of rifle season (starts 11/16).
Old 11-04-2002, 07:54 PM

here in west central wisconsin, eau claire area to be exact, the rut is just starting. i expect that this coming weekend and the following week the bucks will be running hard and the does will start to give in. the bucks have started to rut and chase, but the does still aren't giving in yet. as far as the squirrel rut, that is in full swing. i saw several squirrel couples last weekend. hahaha. this one female squirrel went running by my tree and stood on its back legs and grabbed the trunk of a small sappling. about 2 seconds later, this male squirrel came running up behind her and did his business. it was hilarious. i also saw several baby squirrels being made way up in the tree tops as well.
anyway, the rut is getting close to full swing in my part of wisconsin
Old 11-04-2002, 08:41 PM

goalieman32, you could have at least looked the other way and given them their privacy!!!!
Old 11-04-2002, 08:49 PM
Spike

In the Piedmont section of Georgia we're seeing plenty of scrapes and some rubs. Bucks are lone wolfing it now, but the rut probably won't be at its peak until around Nov. 15.

Heaven is best viewed from a deer stand at sunrise in the forest

Favorite Sticker: Vegetarian is Indian for Lousy Hunter

Quick Reply: What's The Status Of The Rut In You're Area??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.