Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PIebald buck

Old 07-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: PIebald buck

He got a little pie
Old 07-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

guys my dad said there was a big 8 albino that was waliking round here bout 8 years ago and this could be his genes but somebody unfortunatly shot him at night
Old 07-09-2006, 05:58 PM

<-----got this one 2 yrs ago, full body mount, at the shop still. i bout fell outa my stand when i saw it
Old 07-09-2006, 06:16 PM

Nice Nice

Old 07-09-2006, 06:27 PM

albino and piebalds are 2 diferent genetics. while both are straictly recessive genetics the albino lacks all pigment thus giving them the pink eyes and nose. the piebald still has the black nose and normal eyes. to reproduce the gene in both is donr the same way. but in order to reproduce the albino gene the albino needs to breed with another deer carying the albino gene. a normal looking deer can cary the heterozogous gene for albino and produce albino but an albino will not produce another albino with a normal deer. the same goes for pieds. an albino bred to a normal will produce a possible heterozogous animal then to see if it proves out that possible het would have to breed back to another het or albino deer in order to produce the albino. in short both the pieds and the albinos are a genetically defective animal therefore they are not good to have breeding in your herd. now they are cool to see and even cooler to harvest but they should be taken out if you are into correct management and you want the best healthiest herd.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:26 PM

thanks for the info, but how can a 4.5 year old buck that scores in the 180's typical be inferior? i understand your post, but is this buck just an exception?
Old 07-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

great pic id try to let him get really big if these deer are only hunted by you, if not take him because u dont see piebalds that much
Old 07-09-2006, 09:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

id like to have seen that big 8 one shot, those &**& poachers
Old 07-10-2006, 03:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

me too my dad said he was beautiful
Old 07-10-2006, 08:14 AM

well booner. genetically he is. the gene is recessive. im not saying hes not nice at all. id take him in a heartbeat. im just explaining the genetic makeup of them. plus you can still grow big racks on them since that is nothing more then nutrition. but still genetically inferior and yeas very rare to see them that big. now keep in mind alot of that also has to do with anytime someone sees them they shoot them so many of them dont get a chance at getting that old.

Quick Reply: PIebald buck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.