Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Puzzled By A Lack Of Rut Activity Here In WV!!

Old 11-05-2002, 02:46 PM

Default RE: Puzzled By A Lack Of Rut Activity Here In WV!!

it seems around here nobody is seeing anything in the mornings but i am having great luck in teh evenings see average of three bucks a night and always more then ten does in one set

"She said if I hit that fishin hole today, she's be packin all her things and she'd, be gone by noon....I'm gonna miss her, when I get home."
Old 11-05-2002, 03:17 PM
Typical Buck

Though I got my doe Sept 21st, here in Washington State both the animals and seasons are one to two months late. Normally during the early Archery Elk season there are so many bulls bugling at the Eastern edge of the meadow where we camp, that sometimes it is hard to get to sleep.

This year, the week and a half we were in camp we heard two bugles. Our mulies and blacktails are running late as well.

Our leaves didn't start turning color until five weeks ago. Andf that . . . very slowly. Conclusion, the "Photoperiod" is way off.

Bowhunter
Old 11-05-2002, 03:32 PM

Had some family obligations so I was only able to go out from sunrise to about 9:30 this morning. Went into a new area to see what was going on...saw two together.........a doe.....and a buck!

I laid a scent trail, and threw out some tending grunts, but didn't get any responses.

This afternoon I took a walk behind the house on my 5 acres to make sure the boys blind is still there (after having my stand swiped, it made me nervous) and did see a fresh rub (2 feet from their blind) and a small scrape in the middle of an old loggin road.

I hoping the wind dies down (it is really howling right now).....but going out tomorrow for the day and hopefully get a better handle of whats going on.

Hankfan..keep us posted on what's going on in Wallhanger Holler....good luck.