Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Enigma's first product

Old 07-04-2006, 03:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Enigma's first product

Frank, according to Chuck and the website, http://www.enigmacamo.com/ it should be available towards the end of the this month.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

On a side note, why doesn't a camoflauge company incorporate light blues into the background as when the leaves are off the trees, that is the background color alot of times!
This was my exact thought, too; I think I even remember making that remark toa friend once recently whoasked my thoughts earlier about what I'd like to see in a camoflauge if I had any input.

Now, to the topic at hand...

Guys, I've been out of town all weekend visiting with some friends who own a second house on Kentucky Lake and was gently surprised to discover this thread after visiting my favorite corner of the universe. Some of you may know, I've been a huge proponent of Predator's Fall Grey over the last few years, and I'll say this about that product: I had a new neighbor over a few nights ago who's more of what I call a casual bowhunter. He'd never been exposed to what we refer as the more open camo patterns such as Predator and ASAT.

From my big Rubbermaid storage box which holds all my camo, I pulled a Predator hat to show him. I looked down at it andfrowned, displeased with the representation I was now holding up to him as an example of the concept I had been trying to explain to him. I dug further into the box and pulled out a whole shirt, and spread it out on my workbench. I remember thinking that -- while a better example than the smaller hat -- it still didn't do the pattern justice. I ended the "show-and-tell" session by merely uttering something like "Well, these patterns look really, really awesome when someone is wearing them and you're standing back at a distance."

I relay that story because this pattern I was showing off to him has been my absolute, hands-down favorite for the past two years. I'm sure many will remember me as a big proponent of the design on here even, and I frequently link to the company's promotional picture of the product being used in a treestand. I talked the product up so much that the designer of that pattern even contacted me and congratulated me on "getting" the concept and thanked me personally for the support.

The point of all that? The point is that up until something better comes out, I think that Predator Fall Grey -- remember, I'm talking about "to me" here -- is the best pattern I've ever hunted in. Yet (and here's the point), as I showed off a flat, two-dimensional sampling of my favorite product to a newbie, I wasn't satisfied with the representation of the product I was providing so that this gentleman could understand its benefits.

I for one will give Enigma a chance when it is unveiled in full force. Like someone else mentioned above, I too like the "depth" and the "outside-the-box" thinking. I especially like Chuck's comments here regarding his commitment to quality and customer service, and am looking forward to seeing a quality open-concept camo put on a quality material like Wolfskin. Remember the designer of Predator I alluded to? He himself -- when asked -- recommends buying the patterns he designed from a company other than the one which primarily sellsPredator because there's another place out there that prints it on Wolfskin; that's the one he refers people to. The fabric is supposedly that good.

As someone who's started a business before and eventually expanded it to 17 states, I can appreciate his comments on the difficulties of the process, and as a believer and staunch supporter in free enterprise, I wish him the best. I will give Enigma a fair shake come this fall, and eagerly look forward to Chuck bringing a quality product to market to give hunters another choice in the marketplace.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Deer interpret blues like you and I see fl oranges so if your not in a tree the blues could be detrimental to the forest background. ....blues also seem to reflective of ultraviolets..that's one reason why MO and Trebark seem to glow in low light.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

[blockquote]quote:

On a side note, why doesn't a camoflauge company incorporate light blues into the background as when the leaves are off the trees, that is the background color alot of times!
[/blockquote]

This was my exact thought, too; I think I even remember making that remark toa friend once recently whoasked my thoughts earlier about what I'd like to see in a camoflauge if I had any input.
Whitetails can see all hues of blue. Perhaps this is why blue is left out of most camo patterns. Doesn't Sticks and Limbs have blue in it?
Old 07-04-2006, 06:56 PM

Again, I appreciate all of your support and good wishes. Please feel free to contact me any time with questions, concerns or suggestions on any of what we've talked talked about. I'm actively searching for "great" configurations of patterns (as in garment types) to make these clothes comfortable and very useful and as "hunter/user friendly" as we can make them. And as always, let me know of any problems so we can get you taken care of and avoid future problems. Like I said before, I want to use the very best of materials, as to avoid these issues completely. We all work very hard for our money and we should expect the very best for our dollar. I wish I had the time to get on these forums more often, but I will check in occasionally to try and update you all on what's coming up. If you'd like to get on an email "Product Update" list, please sign our guest book on the web site with an "add me to the list" note and any other comments. I'd like to try to get out at least 2 emails per year to update you on our current status. Thanks again!
Old 07-04-2006, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have some wolfskin camo in predator spring green and fall brown, there is no doubt thatwolfskin is agoodqualityfabric. Enigma looks to melike it is going to be very effective and I am very happy to hear that it will be put on a quality material. That alone puts it above a lot of other choices, cotton just doesn't cut it in my opinion.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:46 AM

just got back from a scouting trip. my buddy, who laughed at my asat 3d suit when i put it on last year- now owns one. he likes super thick areas to hunt where you have 1 ok shot and maybe another iffy one - super thick areas. he's got a lot of deer under his belt in the past 25 yrs. he laughed at my suit, and my choice of trees to hunt. i like a tree where i have 4-5 good shots at varying distances w/ some 40 yd lanes. we both have bad feet and we like to hunt lake areas only accessible by boat. one evening when he came to get me he had to chase 3 large bucks off. there was an 8 pt rule where we were and i was looking down at 3 nice bucks - at least 6's. i didn't have my binocs and didn't want to risk breaking the rules and taking the biggest one - to find out it had 7 pts. i saw 7 nice bucks in 3 days. one large 8 i shot over because i didn't slide my sight back down after showing off in camp. i attribute it to the open pattern of the asat. my buddy couldn't even find me and he knew which tree i was in. he's a believer now. this is the same reaction enigma will get because its different. if it produces the same or better results as asat - on better material - there will be a lot of folks who were laughing at it wearing it - same as asat.

now to comment on the advantage camo - great looking pics in the sun on a very bright day - how often is that when the deer are coming in - pretty much never. i've got some - and in the shade - and at dawn and dusk its a black blob in a tree.if you like sitting in the sun in a treestand - did it by accident once and won't ever again - then it looks pretty good.if you've never tried an open pattern - they are fantastic - and the whole pt is you don't blob out in low light or shade - so your form isn't recognizable. that's the real trick to camo - not necessarily to just blend in, but it needs to keep you from looking like a blob and break up your human form.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:21 AM
Dominant Buck

It looks even more like Predator to me now that I've seen a larger sample , but it appears to be more 3 dimentional . Still not interested , but at least you're not producing camo like this:

(Credit to ButchA)
Old 07-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just a couple observations. I don't see any greens. Of course I know monitors are calibrated different and so tones vary.

A couple of technical and business critiques.

First: Bad move launching your website without having a product line to put on it and having it completed, online store included. Take your lead from the old commercial slogan. "We will sell no(camo) before it's time." Don't let pressures to show a product force you to post a less than quality website. Remember, for some folks it's the only representation of your company they will ever see. If it looks cheap, unfinished, and un-thought out it will reflect badly on your product.

Second: You need consistent Capitalization of your headings throughout your website. "contact us" is lower case while all other links are Capitalized. "new" from the header on "new Products" is lower case.

Third: You need navigation buttons. New Products page is a dead end and the user must use browser's back button to get to home page. A side navigation bar would be better.

I know money is tight but it would be worth it to pay someone to develop a professional working website and wait until you have a more exstensive product line to display before you launch it. BTW, no, I'm not a web developer, just an IT geek.

As I stated earlier in another thread. I'd like a nice light jacket that can be used in early bow season and as a cover of heavier gear later in the season.Even though I like wolfskin material, I'm not willing to pay $100+ for a lightweight jacket. That's just not my price point.

Old 07-05-2006, 01:12 PM

ORIGINAL: BOWTECHBO

Man, you all are right...i can save me some serious $ if i just grab a gray marker and draw some sticks on my desert uniform...heck it's even customized with my name on the right pocket and the company i work for on the let one[8D]

Bo
take it back...it looks effective now that we have seen a better sample...also i have taken Buck Magnet's pic and made it B&W and Sephia...vare similar to ASAT in that it does not created a dark blob against a green backround.

Bo

Quick Reply: Enigma's first product

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.