Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Enigma's first product

Old 07-02-2006, 11:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Enigma's first product

It looks pretty good but does it really compare to Fred's gear? I mean look at how eerily it blends into the surrounding. Never underestimate the value of camo.

Old 07-02-2006, 11:30 AM

Why all the fuss over that? Looks like an ASAT knock off.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

To be honest, I'm a little surprised and disappointed at some of the "jump to conclusion" negativity over looking at a 3" wide piece of material.

Personally what I see I'm impressed with. Being a long time ASAT supporter, I'm excited over that I see. It might appear to be an ASAT "knockoff" at least I think that was how it was articulated but I see an improvement to a camo pattern.

One of the biggest arguments against ASAT was green and green enviroments, It looks to me like Enigma has solved that. Although deer do not see green as green so the use of green might be otherwise overrated I see the use of shades of green which give the limbs depth rather than a 2D appearance of the former black and brown lines. Same with the use of the shaded browns, and the shadowing I see in that 3" wide material give it more depth. The browns and greens overlap the shadowing areas and It looks to me like you peer into it rather than simply see. I'll keep my mind open until I see a bigger piece of material like pants and a jacket but I already like what I see...

I remember seeing the two, ASAT and the preprototype Enigma side by side and it didn't look as good as what I see on these elk calls and Enigma disappeared comparing the two....great things to come I'm sure. Looks awesome. I'm not going to close my mind to new things. I'm always looking for new and better things and this looks to be one of those betters.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I buy the cheep stuff from wally world and have been know to kill a few deer. Save my money for these high priced bows.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:31 PM

Looks like Predator All Purpose if you ask me.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can see where it's hard to make an assesment on what?.......a 2" wide section of camo? But I am viewing it similar to Rob. I can see some benefits to this camo already that I wasn't expecting.
It looks like an ASATish type Brown/Black contrast but narrower and a little more "Lifelike" in it's feel but it also looks to me like the pattern might be more open than ASAT but with some varying background shading adding depth rather than just a monotone 1 color background.
Interesting, I'll be interested to see what this looks like on a garment. I saw a small airbrushed pic on a piece of cloth months ago but this definitely looks more refined.
I think it's at the very least safe to say that it isn't going to blob up.

Old 07-02-2006, 03:27 PM

It seems thery are rushing again.All this hype on here and no pics,now they put camo on a call.Give me a break.Show me some real camo.Stop farting around.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: newman1

It seems thery are rushing again.All this hype on here and no pics,now they put camo on a call.Give me a break.Show me some real camo.Stop farting around.
Give you a break? The last I hear was the owner picked up the material and is headed to Wisconson from PA to have the garments made. He's pushing as hard as he can to have it done but doesn't want to rush anything to degrade the product so give him a break. Diesel77 posted what he found on Enigma's web page and I was pleasantly surprised cause I didn't know it existed. Whose rushing anything? Man people get, what's the word...in the offseason. I suppose we're lucky to see even that until the garments are done.

Old 07-02-2006, 06:02 PM
Dominant Buck

It kinda looks like a bootleg copy of Predator , it doesn't look anything like ASAT to me . In fact , now I know what it reminds me of:

Army 3 color desert camo , $20 at Sportsman's Guide .
Old 07-02-2006, 07:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Desert Storm with a touch of Asat, yep, thats' what it looks like to me.

Quick Reply: Enigma's first product

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.