Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bought my tags today

Old 07-03-2006, 08:35 PM

Default RE: bought my tags today

Bow season opens October 14th here in NY!!!

Lisa
Old 07-03-2006, 09:13 PM
Dominant Buck

I may have to try and sneak in a couple hunts in PA this year. I got to see for myself in any of that QDM took effect.[8D] Now all I have to do is decide where I want to do it. Maybe back to Allegany County. It's a long way but a nice drive. Or then again, maybe one of the counties on my way up 81 to New York.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:36 PM

I bought mine today too, both gun and bow license... no doubles of anything thobut ive yet to get them and ive killed a lot of deer...
Old 07-03-2006, 10:28 PM

Dave, if you want to hunt Allegheny County I can hook you up with some killer spots around Pittsburgh. I live in Montana now, but my whole family and circle of friends still hunt all over Allegheny County. Let me know if you are interested.
Mike
Old 07-04-2006, 05:53 AM

I hunt Allegheny and Westmoreland county. Let me Know were some of those Killer spots are it would help make my rookie season even better!!!!
Old 07-04-2006, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sept 15, in Wisconsin
Old 07-04-2006, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

In Il and Wi your 2005 tag is good until the season ends in jan 2006. Seems odd they'd have you buy new tags for the last two weeks
Old 07-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bought my license yesterday as well...counting the days.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

read your book that came with the license. you can only get 1 buck tag and can only kill one buck a year. doe tags are a whole diffrent ball game. you gota send in for those and its first come first serve starting sometime in august. and you can only send in one application each round. its spelled out pretty clearly in the book somewhere. ive seen WMUs close up the first round. counties seemed to go even faster sometimes though, but then again the last few years since we switched to WMUs we gave out doe tags like candy.

david, allegheny county can be a "hotspot"...but the only reason is land access is pretty rediculous. you CAN get permission by asking, but a good bit of the small woodlots are lined with yellow posted signs. ive asked a few people. i get permission from the people that dont have land, and they tell me the guy i want to ask wont let me. one guy has a farm LOADED with deer. i stopped and asked he said sure but all i own is the fields. the guy across the road owns the woods and he probably wont let you. i never could find his house but im still trying to for this year just to see what he says. theres only one State Game Lands in the county i THINK..not positive. i never deer hunted it, but it gets hit pretttty hard in small game and fall turkey season, so id imagine theres alot of deer hunters as well. its possible to hunt allegheny co, but will take a little homework. but thats county probably has one of the highest deer populations. alot of our bigger bucks come from there, but thats because land access can be hard to come by.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

I don't have mine yet, but am eager to buy my first 2 as an Illinois resident soon. $25 beats the heck out of $500! And I'll get a second $25 buck tag if I want, for life. Plus I can still hunt my Indiana private land for free!

hoosierhunter43, I thought you still had to buy the actual deer tags even if you had the LL? No? I'll be receiving my IL LL soon, and that's how it works here.