Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Velvet Roadkill

Old 06-30-2006, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Velvet Roadkill

It is a beautiful animal and that is why I called the GC before picking it up. I raised Wolfes for many years and I was given permission to pick up roadkills as well as the GC dropping them off to us, so the whole animal was used for good reasons. I love the Whitetails that we all pursue every year , so showing respect to a beautiful animal such as this was easy.A good friend did the Taxidermy work and I agree it turned out pretty awsome he is one of the best in my opinion.When I made a trip up to Rob's I felt it would look good on a Log Home wall for a week or so, now if only we can score on a 125 with our bows. Thanks to all for the nice comments.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:51 PM
Fork Horn

I seen on a show were a maledeer was shot in november and it still had velvet. You could see were his goods were but they looked like they got ripped off. Talk about a bad day.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Very nice looking mount...
Old 07-06-2006, 09:11 AM
Typical Buck

Rob, like everyone else I have been busy, work, Shootin 3D's with Matt and awaiting the arrival of our second child. He was born on June 23rd. We were just able to bring him home on the 5th of July. He had respitory problems etc..long list of stuff but all seems to be well now. Family is all home and doing well. We named him Brayden. He was 7lbs 11 ozs 21" he is a keeper. By the way I shot the bird in Oregon. My first Gobbler vere and I shot it with a bow.....my first Rio. too. I shot him with a Diamond Triumph 28" 70 lb with a cx arrow and rockey mountain extreme broadhead. I was in a ground blind. It was my coolest hunt ever. He wa sonly 15v yards. There was a bigger bird in the morning with a paintbrush beard but icould not get a shot. This one had a 5" beard..........a jake ....but it was still awesome.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Awesome Frank, congratulations
Old 07-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

With all these stories of big bucks getting killed by trucks I'm going to hang my stand on the front of a pickup this year.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will harvest a velvet one day! Great looking mount.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

Nice mount. Whats sort of striking to me is the hide on that buck, very smooth and clean, unlike the hide of a buck later on in the fall. Is that the buck's hide or a hide from another deer?
Old 07-07-2006, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice mount....congrats!
Old 07-07-2006, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great looking mount, something you surely dont see all that often.

Quick Reply: Velvet Roadkill

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.