Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What does everyone bring to there stand

Old 06-29-2006, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

Default What does everyone bring to there stand

It seems every year I collect more and more stuff.The more I collect the more I bring.Just wondering what others are bringing to the bow stand. I would really like to limit what I have to carry, but I know if I buy it and leave it at home the wife will wonder why I bought it. She doesnt understand. So besides the bow and arrows what are you needs in a stand.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What does everyone bring to there stand

Besides the obvious bow, arrows and camo, i dont bring all that much stuff. Depending on where im hunting, i will bring all my calls and rattling antlers, binoculars, wind indicator, scentsand a camera. Im sure i bring more stuff than that, but nothing else jumps into my head at the moment.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:49 AM

If I am only hunting the first 3 hours of a morning or late afternoon into the evening, I simply bring my flashlight, stand, bow, cell phone, safety harness and a relaxed mind. If I am planning to hunt an entire day, say during the rutt, then I bring all the above but also a backpack with food, snacks, water bottle, etc.

Luckily, one or two of my productive hutning areas is only about a 5 minute walk to where I park my truck so when I stick a deer I pack everything up and head to the truck and put my gear away...then head back into the woods with my gloves, knife and rope.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:06 AM
Dominant Buck

As little as possible .
Old 06-29-2006, 10:12 AM
Typical Buck

I have a little camo pouch that I'll put some water andmaybe some jerkey or something like in, alsoa Can call, and a grunt call, plus my yardage pro and some kind of scent, cover or attractant, depending on the time of year. That's about it. I don't want to have to carry a bunch of stuff, if it doesn't fit in my little handy-dandy pouch I most likely won't bring it.

Old 06-29-2006, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Flashlite,rope,couple of knives,some snacks,bottle of water,xtra can of Skoal,binoc's,a call or two,pen,small basic 1st-aid kit,compass,pruning shears.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kevin1

As little as possible .
This is the right answer. Every year, I look at what I take to the stand with an eye to eliminating some items. Usually if I can't carry it in a pocket, I won't carry it. The exception is water, snacks, camo mesh for my climber, and my range finder. I carry that in a small backpack which is good for putting clothes into as the day warms up and I strip clothing off. I am usually prepared to hunt from sun up to sun down.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:39 AM

bow
camo
rattle antlers/bleat can/true talker grunt call
sometimes a camera
scents in rutt.
cell phone
gps
flashlight but i leave it on ground
mini flash light (to get in/out of the stand when dark)
empty bottle w/ top for emergency purposes (haha)
nature valley oats and honey bar.
knife in case something happens and I get cought up my my harness.

wow looking at that it looks like my treestand is a motel 6 or something. doesnt fell like I have a lot.

Old 06-29-2006, 12:12 PM
Dominant Buck

New Testament
Trail Tacks {May do additional scouting}
Buck Knife{ Folding model}
Mosquito Repellent {Not spray type}
Extra flashlight {Plus a head set} Gators out there
Can call
Doe Urine and scent patch
Bottled water 2 no food
2 Rubberized large screw hooks to hang pack and bow Walmart
Pack of rubber gloves.

Old 06-29-2006, 12:15 PM
Typical Buck

I got a bowhunters vest that primos make and i thinks its awesome. It allows you to bring more gear and it doesnt get in your way like some big heavy pack mite.

Quick Reply: What does everyone bring to there stand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.