Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Drop away or fletching contact rests?

Old 07-01-2006, 04:40 PM

Default RE: Drop away or fletching contact rests?

Depends on the bow you buy. Mathews stretch like the dickens, and so do hoyt and darton. However Bowtech puts the same strings on their bows that you would get after market so they don't stretch. They used to use winners choice string, but started making their own.

I think there are other bow companies that use quality strings as well. I can't speak for those though because I don't own them. Bowtech has always been known for their quality strings from the factory.

Paul
Old 07-01-2006, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree that all of my BowTechs have had pretty nice strings on them. Off the top of my head I believe I have owned10 BowTechs over the past few years (2003 models to current 2006's).

I can say all of them showed some creep. Some more than others but none of the BowTechscreeped badly. Although I did have to twist each of the said bows string and cables.

We have all heard of Carters Custom Strings (Crackers)right? He is held as one of the best string makers and I had quite the time getting my peep to stay straight until after 300 or so shots. I had to add2 full twists to my string and 1 twist each to both of my cables.

But since it has got shot in it has given me no trouble. I expect to have to tune my string/ cables with any set up I have.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:38 AM
Banned

Look at the speeds posted by VA headhunter WB guys. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1586230 HCH
Old 07-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Banned

Just to stir the pot a little guys, I just read two posts in the bowhunting gear review forum of guys complaining of WB's ruining their fletchings. One guy is getting rid of his WB and another is looking for a fletcher as he ruins his blasers shooting them through his WB. My buddy that runs a pro shop says that the WB keeps him in the refletching business but yet I hear all of these claims how it doesn't mess up fletches. What is up with all of these different claims???? Who do we believe? How come no complaints on the Trophy Taker?? Fire away fellas; educate me please.HCH
Old 07-13-2006, 05:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hi Hardcore

I have a very old bow had it for years anyway I have a trophy taker for my arrow rest ( its the prong type ) and I'm shooting very good with it.
Didn't see the need to change anything, You know what they say" If its not broke don't fix it ".