Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Maybe I lied...

Old 06-25-2006, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Maybe I lied...

...about putting my peep back on or not. Tonight I started practicing with my scent loc head cover on and my consistancy went out the window. My anchor just isn't so sure with the head gear on. I'll have to try it for a few more days but I'm thinking I may have to reinstall the peep. I would hate to wound an animal or not make as clean a kill as possible because my anchor and therefor my aim was incocsistant. Or maybe a No Peep? Hmmm....
Old 06-25-2006, 08:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Maybe I lied...

Have you tried an extra large kisser button?
Old 06-25-2006, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, I never could get comfortable with it. Seems like I was always shifting my bow around trying to get it right. I took the peep off in the first place looking for more speed that I really didn't need . You know what they say about, "If it ain't broke don't fix it"? Well I don't always listen so good. This is all off season experimenting trying to learn some cause and effect stuff about my bow. I'll soon get settled and get ready for the season.BTW the bow was shooting 259 fps before I started making changes.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:16 PM

You've just made a major change to your anchor and shooting style. What did you think? It'll come around, but you have to find a new way to be consistent. I just went through that, and after about a week, you'll have it.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: txrookie

Yes, I never could get comfortable with it. Seems like I was always shifting my bow around trying to get it right. I took the peep off in the first place looking for more speed that I really didn't need . You know what they say about, "If it ain't broke don't fix it"? Well I don't always listen so good. This is all off season experimenting trying to learn some cause and effect stuff about my bow. I'll soon get settled and get ready for the season.BTW the bow was shooting 259 fps before I started making changes.
txrookie I always do that too,and there is nothing wrong with it.Matter of fact that is how I learned alot of what I know.You could still get away with out using the peep if you use a two or three point anchor.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the peep but I've eliminated the kisser button this year. Seemed hard to put it in the right place or feel it through my scent lok hood. I really haven't missed it at all.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:26 AM

TX: I just installed the tru-peep and like it a whole lot better than the tubed one. I knew your stand on peeps but you're not going to lose a great deal of speed.

Don't sacrifice accuracy for speed.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

i had the same problem with my mask it didnt feel right when i was at full draw but keep shooting. It is something you have too get used too
Old 06-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

The no-peep is great. Give it a try. It also helps show hand torque that I didn't realize was such a problem.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

OK, I went back in the yard this afternoon to give it another go. I had better results today. I just started to really dig my knuckle in under my ear so I could feel it through the mask. I don't have a problem with feeling my string on my nose, just my knuckle. I will keep shooting with my mask on and try to get consistant with my anchor, I think if I keep pushing my knuckle hard into my ear so I am sure of where it is I will do OK. I'll let ya'll know. If after a couple of weeks I'm not seeing significant improvment I will rethink my options. Thank you for your input, particularly you Mobo. I'm glad to see you are still around.

Quick Reply: Maybe I lied...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.