Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Viper Archery Products, Predator Pro-MT (pics)

Old 10-21-2007, 09:09 AM

Default RE: Viper Archery Products, Predator Pro-MT (pics)

Hey Rob...question: do you use one of the lenses when hunting? If so, which magnification? Thanks.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's very similar to my Spott Hogg. As far as microtune. Are the individual pins microtune?
Old 10-21-2007, 11:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Cougs I had the SH Hunter Hogg-it. The difference in the pin brightness is remarkable.

Nope....the individual pins aren't micro-adjustable....but I can tell you that sighting this in, beside the SH, was a SNAP.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Cougs I had the SH Hunter Hogg-it. The difference in the pin brightness is remarkable.

Nope....the individual pins aren't micro-adjustable....but I can tell you that sighting this in, beside the SH, was a SNAP.

The pin brightness really costed me this morning. With the Hogg wrap I'll be alright but they are wayy backordered. I guess i'm just going to have to get a light for it. I like my sight too much to let it go. The individual pin, microadjust is a really nice feature.

Man I wish I had the light or my HHA this morning, I'd be field dressing a big ol' fat doe [>:].

I'll have to figure something out Monday, whether it be a light, or a Fitz hogg wrap.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:40 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

The pin brightness really costed me this morning. With the Hogg wrap I'll be alright but they are wayy backordered. I guess i'm just going to have to get a light for it. I like my sight too much to let it go. The individual pin, microadjust is a really nice feature.

Man I wish I had the light or my HHA this morning, I'd be field dressing a big ol' fat doe [>:].

I'll have to figure something out Monday, whether it be a light, or a Fitz hogg wrap.
somebody, maybe tru-glo, builds a blue light with a bendable arm on it. Iused tostick some velcro on my riser above my sight, stick the light to it, then bend the arm so the lite pointed at the ends of my fibers. All you need to do with fiber sights is point a small lite source at end of the fiber, and it lights the whole thing up. Shooting a blue lite into the cluster of your pins just makes a big blurry mess of your pins and the target.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a Copper John Dead Nuts 2 Supreme sight to go on my new 2007 Hoyt Vectrix XL, which I should be picking up tomorrow.

Bill