Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Viper Archery Products, Predator Pro-MT (pics)

Old 07-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Viper Archery Products, Predator Pro-MT (pics)

Looks great Rob. Gad to see you finally got it. I'm still leaning toward this sight.........heavily. As a side note, you can replace one (or all for that matter) with the Tru Glo TFO pins and that woudl be awesome. they use Tru Glo pins so they are a drop in replacement. Should be great for me hunting out of the Double Bul ground blind.

Where did you end up buying yours?
Old 07-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Mike and yes, the pins are easily replaced with Truglo pins. That makes it easy to replace or add if needed. I especially like the different size pins. I'm almost second guessing getting the .019's for my 40 and 50..I should have gotten .010 for those..they are so bright, brightest I've seen and the smaller ones would be awesome for longer targets.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:33 PM

i saw one of these sights in person last night and, wow, impressive in every aspect. if i could have afforded it, it would be on my bow right now. just handling it and you can tell everything about it is quality. sorry to bump this off the second page, but i couldnt help replying now that i've seen one.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm looking at the Realtree camo one. It looks good.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, here's the pic.

Old 07-12-2006, 07:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, they are beautifully crafted to perfection. These guys really did their homework before coming out with this microtune sight.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi Rob

Great review on the viper , my local Archery shop sells these beauties and have concidered one myself . Over in the UK it costs 93GBpounds and an extra 50GBpounds for the lens . Three questions though

1 > thelength of the sight armis quite long , whatare theadvantages over a short arm. There must be some advantage or reason . I use a toxonics 4pin with a stubby armand would i need a smaller peep .

2 > i will only be shooting 3D and field for now is the lens worth the extra money .

3 > i have limited experience in Archery and setting up . How easy is the predator to use .

Many thanks

Dave
Old 09-11-2007, 01:59 PM

Hey Rob, looks great. Just wondering if the fibers are in a channel or somehow protected by the pins? Pics make it look like the fibers are loose behind the pins....could they get snagged? Thanks...
Old 09-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry Red Boar, didn't see your post til now when someone asked about the sight again I had to reread it..lol

Yes, you could snag it like any other sight. They are protected through the pins and curve like fibers do however it's all protected in the housing. You'd have to have something snag it through the site window.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:52 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

When I finished zeroing the 20 and 30 I move the 40 and 50 yard up tight against. I shot in my 40 to double check it, shot a few 50's and then back to 40 to end the shoot. I was growing tired but here's my last group at 40 yards.

WOW!!

That's some good shooting there! That's how my 30yd groups look!

Congrats on the new sight, I like it.....looks like you like it too.

Quick Reply: Viper Archery Products, Predator Pro-MT (pics)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.