Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Viper Archery Products, Predator Pro-MT (pics)

Old 06-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Viper Archery Products, Predator Pro-MT (pics)

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Rick James, the sight has to pin grooves so the 20 and 40 yard pins are in one and the 30 and 50 are in another. I don't believe they will get as tight as what your Sword may. Is the Sword pins in multiple planes, ie more than 2?

I sighted the bow in for 20, 30, 40 and 50. The 20 and 40 yard pins were touching as were the 30 and 50. Remember this Allegiance is shooting 305fps. I'm glad they were able to get that tight.

When I finished zeroing the 20 and 30 I move the 40 and 50 yard up tight against. I shot in my 40 to double check it, shot a few 50's and then back to 40 to end the shoot. I was growing tired but here's my last group at 40 yards.

I got the A7 tuned for my light pro 22's now at 309, and now I am seeing the same as you for pin settings. When I was shooting the ASA arrows I was getting 5 yard gaps @ 279fps. Right now I have the pins stacked as tight as they go and at 309 fps I have 20, 30, 40, and 50 is just slightly lower than the tightest setting. It only has 2 pin tracks. I really wish someone would make 3 tracks w/ .010 pins.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

looks great how much does that run
Old 06-25-2006, 11:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Okay guys, here's the sticky on the sight, it costs $149.95 and the light is $19.95....

The sight price is right in line with the top of the line micro adjustable sights on the market, in fact, it's cheaper than some. It is WELL worth the price.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:43 AM

Rob, is that as good as you can do from 40?? Sheesh, man...that's HORRIBLE......[&:][&:][&:]

What makes this sight stand out from the other sights on the market? In other words, what made you decide on this particular sight and why?

You've prolly answered that somewhere already, forgive me. I've either missed it or forgotten.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

What makes this sight stand out from the other sights on the market? In other words, what made you decide on this particular sight and why?
Definately the CNC machining. It's made from 6061 T6 aircraft aluminum. The sleek round housing and oversized level are nice and the microadjustability is outstanding. The pins are as bright as any I've found and most sights are not available with the .019 and .010...most come with the .029 and that's too large for me.

I like the available options with Viper, the light, the Zeiss lens you can pick up as well. I'm going to go ahead and order the lens.

I like the 6" extension and the Dovetail knob....It's solid, no noise and I can't find a flaw in it....I considered a couple different sights and when I put my hands on this one, it sold itself.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

WOW!

Rob that sight look's absolutely awsome as does the fuse quiver .I've been wanting to check this sight out for myself ,maybe soon someone in my area will start to carry these great sight's.

nubo
Old 06-26-2006, 10:01 AM
Fork Horn

nice sight and great groups i guess it is true you get wat u pay for .lol.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW!

Rob that sight look's absolutely awsome as does the fuse quiver .I've been wanting to check this sight out for myself ,maybe soon someone in my area will start to carry these great sight's.

nubo
John,
You already have too many sights sittin in your tackle box now!!!!!!! Man you're a junkie
Old 06-27-2006, 08:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

It indeed does look like an awesome piece of machinery! Beautiful craftsmanship, and I too love the extension bar... maybe that's what helped get that nice, tight little 40-yard group, eh?

On second thought, if you shoot like that all the time, maybe I should retract my open invitation for you to come spend some time up here and go hunting with me; I'd be ashamed to practice with you during non-peak times!
Old 06-27-2006, 10:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

And Greg, I was disappointed in that off arrow with the green nock. It was a either a good day or a great bow and sight because Matt can tell you, he's seen me send one over the 3D target! Fear not, I'm HUMAN....lol

Quick Reply: Viper Archery Products, Predator Pro-MT (pics)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.