Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Poachers !!!

Old 06-23-2006, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Poachers !!!

I've just about had it with the idiot neighbors poaching the deer around my dad's property. Last bow season I watched them drive their four wheel drive truck through their fields shooting guns out the window. Then I watched them load two deer into the back of the truck after dark. These guys shoot deer all year long. My dad is reluctant to turn them in for fear of retaliation against his property. He just puts up with it. We work too hard all year long planting food plots, hanging stands, etc. to have it ruined by these idiots. Anybody else having a problem with poachers?
Old 06-23-2006, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Poachers !!!

Video their activities and pass it on to your local game protector.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

My dad is reluctant to turn them in for fear of retaliation against his property. He just puts up with it.
I know exactly what that feeling is like, but you find yourself living not for yourself or what you deserve. These individuals have no respect, and as suchshould begivenany satisfaction. The way I feel now is that I will do what I need to to protect myself, my property and what I have worked for. I'll deal with consequences of my actions as they happen, but not before.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

If your dad won't call....why don't you? I'm assuming you know how to use a phone. Next time you see them load a couple deer in their truck, call it in. There is no way they will be able to remove all traces of deer by time the warden shows.

These guys are breaking the laws and need to be stopped. Period.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:02 AM
Typical Buck

I gotta agree sumthin needs to be done. You and your dad have worked to hard on your property and you cant let a couple of idiots ruin it for you guys. I video tape them and get the lincense plate number and all that good stuff. good luck.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:03 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Sniper151

Video their activities and pass it on to your local game protector.
You damn right. I won't put up that crap.
HCH[/align]
Old 06-23-2006, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

We have people poach on us frequently.. I found bloody fletchings near my favorite stand!!!, we found two stands on our property and they stole my game camera!. Its amazing we havnt caught anyone, since we hunt the property freqently and it is only 200 yrds from the houses! The problem is our property is borded by railroad tracks and on the other side of them is a trailer park... Thankfully a gamewarden recently married into the family.. this year we will catch them...are going to persecute to the full extent of the law...
Old 06-23-2006, 09:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can understand your dads reluctance. Sometimes it is easier to look away than to take the problem face on. These days you never know what kind of people you are dealing with. I say be ready for them poaching bastards this year, get vedio, the game warden, and your local police involved. Most law breakers hate going to jail and will move on to a new area with their crime. If by chance these are the type that will retaliate and try and make your life hell, than count me in on the ass whipping party. I mean what I say and I'm sure there are atleast a dozen other men here who will meet there at our own expense. Tell your dad that.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would believe that most states will allow you to remain anonymous as well. Most poachers cave when pressured by the wardens and no court appearance needed. You just need good proof. Good luck.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:42 AM

I view poaching in two ways.. The kind that is being discussed here is the worst kind and they should be dealt with accordingly. I think you should definitely call your local game officials.. If you need help with retaliation problems.. I will be more than happy to drive out and bounce a few a-holes like that.

According to state law any deer shot out of season is considered poached as well. In bloomsburg where I used to hunt on a regular basis one guy was prosecuted for poaching because he shot 2 deer out of season so he could feed his family. I dont think the guy should have been fined as much as he was.

Quick Reply: Poachers !!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.