Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Poachers !!!

Old 06-23-2006, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Poachers !!!

ORIGINAL: .308hunter

If your dad won't call....why don't you? I'm assuming you know how to use a phone. Next time you see them load a couple deer in their truck, call it in. There is no way they will be able to remove all traces of deer by time the warden shows.

These guys are breaking the laws and need to be stopped. Period.
My dad bought the place two years ago. These people are neighbors who own 80 acres behind us. They've lived there for over 20 years. Real savages. They've been violating for years. I've had the phone in my hand several times and my dad asked me to hang it up because he doesn't want any trouble being the new guy on the block. I'm just respecting his wishes since he owns the place. If it were my property I'd have already reported them. I think this year if it continues he'll finally turn them in. The good news is their place is up for sale. I hope it sells before bow season! If I had the money I'd buy it myself.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hold on there Motown. He's an engineer for GM.

I'm for hire.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

gzg38b:

I feel your pain. My partners and I have poachers on our property as well. We have just a big a problem with kids 4-wheeling on the property. I've had them run practically right under my stand before.

First thing you need to do is to be sure the property is POSTED. In some states like NC the state requires an owner to POST a property if he expects the law to get involved.

Have you tried call them yet?
Old 06-23-2006, 12:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nodog

Hold on there Motown. He's an engineer for GM.

I'm for hire.

Oh excuse me I meant for a nominal fee me and the HNI brotherhood could deligate some severe brusing. Pardon my bonner!
Old 06-23-2006, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

ORIGINAL: .308hunter

If your dad won't call....why don't you? I'm assuming you know how to use a phone. Next time you see them load a couple deer in their truck, call it in. There is no way they will be able to remove all traces of deer by time the warden shows.

These guys are breaking the laws and need to be stopped. Period.
My dad bought the place two years ago. These people are neighbors who own 80 acres behind us. They've lived there for over 20 years. Real savages. They've been violating for years. I've had the phone in my hand several times and my dad asked me to hang it up because he doesn't want any trouble being the new guy on the block. I'm just respecting his wishes since he owns the place. If it were my property I'd have already reported them. I think this year if it continues he'll finally turn them in. The good news is their place is up for sale. I hope it sells before bow season! If I had the money I'd buy it myself.
Well, I can't blame you for respecting your father's wishes. I personally would call no matter what because I wouldn't stand for poachers even ifmy fathertold me not to call. But whether you call or not is your own decision, I can't help you there.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

You did the right thing by respecting your father's wishes. Don't go against him. But try to convince him differently.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:41 PM

Yeah, don't put up with that garbage. Call and report their a__es!

Old 06-23-2006, 03:07 PM

I hate poachers they are the scurge that labels us in the same light as them to the non-hunting public. Respect your dad, but call a friend and have them report it. It hurts us all!

I chased this.......what had been a 200+ huge non-typ for two years only to have him shot from the road at night during archery season with a rifle by an scum of the earth poacher. Hang em high I say.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have you spoken with your local game warden?A conversation would be in order,maybe they are closing in on these poachers.Maybe you could help them set up a sting.You are not required to provide your name when calling the poaching hotlines.
I do agree that you should follow your dads wishes though.Your relationship with him is more important than your disdain for the poachers.Hopefully with the property for sale with a little patience they will no longer be an issue.Hopefully they move very far away!
I hate poachers,they steal from all of us who go about it the right way!Most game departments are under funded.Our local game warden is a client of mine and he has told me straight out that he cannot get over time to do an after hours sting.They are spread way to thin and can't get over time to be in the field when they need to the most.
How can you be effective under those circumstances?
Old 06-23-2006, 06:09 PM

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

I can understand your dads reluctance. Sometimes it is easier to look away than to take the problem face on. These days you never know what kind of people you are dealing with. I say be ready for them poaching bastards this year, get vedio, the game warden, and your local police involved. Most law breakers hate going to jail and will move on to a new area with their crime. If by chance these are the type that will retaliate and try and make your life hell, than count me in on the ass whipping party. I mean what I say and I'm sure there are atleast a dozen other men here who will meet there at our own expense. Tell your dad that.
Ditto.

Quick Reply: Poachers !!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.