Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Slick tricks. Are they worth it?

Old 06-22-2006, 07:35 PM

Default Slick tricks. Are they worth it?

I have heard some very good things about these but in all of the stuff about how great it is I havent gotten anything about its accuracy. Does this broadhead hit where you field points hit? How tuff are they? and what kind of success have you had with them? So all in all how good are they really? Thanks for any info.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:06 PM

Default RE: Slick tricks. Are they worth it?

Very much worth it. They fly like fieldpoints leave one awesome hole. I took a nice ten point that field dressed out at two hundred pounds and left a blood trail a blind man could follow. My brother also shot a ten pointer, it didn't go fifty yards. He also shot a seven point through the spine and took out a lung. My wife shot a nice doe at 35 yards quartering away almost a complete pass through, she only pulls 43 lbs.. I highly recommend this broadhead.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: stealth1

Very much worth it. They fly like fieldpoints leave one awesome hole. I took a nice ten point that field dressed out at two hundred pounds and left a blood trail a blind man could follow. My brother also shot a ten pointer, it didn't go fifty yards. He also shot a seven point through the spine and took out a lung. My wife shot a nice doe at 35 yards quartering away almost a complete pass through, she only pulls 43 lbs.. I highly recommend this broadhead.
Same experience. Well, except for the 10 points but did make some nasty hole and the blood trails was awsome. Thumb up for ST's. Well worth the money spent.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

The first one that left my bow in the woods, left the deer on the ground within sight of my stand. No trailing neccessary.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:13 AM

Thanks for the info. Keep it coming. You have almost got me convinced on them. Will probably be using them come this fall. But keep the info coming. Thanks again
Old 06-23-2006, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you haven't heard about their accuraccy etc...you haven't looked very hard. There are a ton of posts on here about them. Check in the gear review section especially.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Don't know why you need to be convinced. Just buy a pack and try them. What works for one still may not work for another.

I have used them when I used to shoot compound and they were my favorite head. Extremely accurate and durable.

Don't buy into all that broadhead shoots like field point stuff. Some bows just need a little different tune for each.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

The slick tricks are a proven broadhead that truly flies like a field point "IF" your bow is tuned properly. If its not then you can't blame the broadhead. There are just too many glowing testimonials to not beleive that they are a great product.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:50 AM

I dont mean to sound stubborn or anything. The reason why I have these questions and why I said ' you almost have me conviced on them' is because I like to hear what actual users say and that I am not going to waste my money. Another thing I am only 16 so I cant really go out and try all the broadheads in the world till I find one that fits. I dont have that much money. So that is why I am asking the questions. Thanks for the input.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like to hear what actual users say and that I am not going to waste my money. Another thing I am only 16 so I cant really go out and try all the broadheads in the world till I find one that fits.
Nothing wrong with that reasoning at all; I do the same thing as a starting point. I've got a couple buddies in the bowhunting world that have earned my respect over the years, and if they say it's a good product, I'll trust them to try it out. Now -- as mentioned above -- the product still has to prove itself to me, but it certainly cuts down on a lot of trial and error, and of course cost.

By the way, that's the best thing I've heard about these heads: their accuracy. Well, thatand the devastating holes they seem to produce. As soon as the owner retools some things on the sharpness issue (search recent threads here in this forum), I'll be buying a set.

Quick Reply: Slick tricks. Are they worth it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.