Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Slick tricks. Are they worth it?

Old 06-23-2006, 10:00 AM

Default RE: Slick tricks. Are they worth it?

I just got off thier website and was looking at the order form and man they are cheap(price wise but I guess once you add in shipping it comes out almost the same)compared to others I have seen! Which of the 100 grain heads do you use? theiris a 1 inch diameter and a 1and 8th inch diameter.Both are the same price but I am wondering which you use.Is their any difference in permormance? Sorryfor the extra questions.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:48 PM
Spike

Ilovehunting: You really can't lose; if you aren't satisfied with ST's they will refund your $...
Old 06-23-2006, 05:00 PM

Thanks for the info!you have answered all my questions and more. Thanks again. I will be trying them out come this fall.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:07 PM

Good for you ilovehunting, never hesitate to investigate and ask questions and make up your own mind. As was said, this is Gary from Slick Trick, order some and try them, and if you aren't pleased for any reason just send them back for a full refund. And don't apologize for a lack of money at 16, I still don't have any at my advanced age. As to size, order the 100 Standard for the super penetration with a good open 4 blade hole. Guessing you may not be shooting a heavybow, but then again you may be a monster lineman on the football team.

I would recommend this. Have your bow tuned at a shop, or papertune yourself, sure guys here will walk you through it as simple as it is. Set up for a good 15 to 20 yard broadside shot. Trust me on this one, you will likely be shaking so bad it may be a struggle to aim. And close is the most fun.Using a treestand, practice shooting from it at the kill zone.

Thats about it, except relax and enjoy being out there amongst nature. You will spend a lot of time just enjoying being out there, and every once in a while get a goodshot. Patience will be rewarded. Good luck Gary
Old 06-23-2006, 07:13 PM

Thanks for the words of encouragement Oldhootowl, I really appreciate it. As for bow weight goes I am shooting 50-52 pounds. And no I am not a monster linemen. I am 5'9 and 140 pounds. So I guess I am average size.Thanks alot for the info on the broadhead goes. Again thanks to everyone for the info.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ilovehunting

Which of the 100 grain heads do you use? their is a 1 inch diameter and a 1and 8th inch diameter.Both are the same price but I am wondering which you use. .
I use the 1 1/8" blades Shooting out of a Switchback 68lb's.