Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech Strings

Old 06-22-2006, 02:44 PM
Banned

Default Bowtech Strings

I have a new Bowtech Tribute on order and I was under the assumption that they have one of the best strings on the market. Am I going to be able to shoot without a rubberband like my fuse string on my Trykon offers? I REFUSE to use a rubber tube on a peep sight. My old Xtec was immediately outfitted witha winners' choice. Let me know please fellas.
HCH[/align]
Old 06-22-2006, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech Strings

I shoot my Old Glory without a tube on the peep. I also refuse to use one, and haven't ran into any kind of problems with it. I have my D-loop and the peep lined up so when I knock an arrow, everything is straight and stays straight. I've seen so many tubes come off that I just never want to use one. One slap in the face would be enough for me.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

hardcore, you're right: I think BowTech puts some of the best strings on the market on their bows. (I know that comes with a grain of salt according to some around here because of my position.) But I wouldn't say that if I didn't believe it; I shot Mathews for six years, and I'd be one of the first to tell you -- even then -- that their strings were pure junk.

Shoot 2-300 shots through your setup, make an adjustment to get your peep where you want it, and you shouldn't have to move it again.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Shoot 2-300 shots through your setup, make an adjustment to get your peep where you want it, and you shouldn't have to move it again.
RIGHT ON.....

After the break in time check all your bows specs, twist the string and cables a turn or two if needed then install your peep. I normally don't install the peep until after the string / cables are broke in.

I'm sure you know, the better you take care of your string / cables the better they willtreat you in return. Keep them waxed and clean. Dust and dirt will take a toll on your string / cables life in no time.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:20 PM

Hardcore

I was somewhat ignorant about a tubed peep until now. Never had any problems with them before but I am glad that mine snapped the other day. If I don't remove the peep completely then I will install a tubeless one.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:26 AM

i think bowtech makes nice strings, and farms out to a pretty decent string manufacturer too. you should be fine. i'd shoot half the life out of them and then get another set and use the originals for backups in case of emergency.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:18 AM

what kinda of strings do bowtech uses.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:27 AM

some are made in house, and some are farmed out last i heard. its a pretty good manufacturer they farm out to, but i'm not sure if i know who in confidence or not so i won't mention them.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:34 AM

I shoot my ALLEGIANCE without a tube on the peep. I also refuse to use one. I haven't had had one turn on me yet.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Banned

Picked up my new Tribute today and the string seems to be great quality and my peep is staying fine after 50 shots.
HCH[/align]