Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

UPDATE: Traded Trykon for a Bowtech

Old 06-18-2006, 10:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: UPDATE: Traded Trykon for a Bowtech

its fast enough to make me tell my buddy he bought a lemon according to a Bowtech National Pro Staffer [X(]
Hmmm... Didn't know that buckeye had joined the National Pro Staff! I guess "Congratulations" are in order, Scott!

Duc, according to the owner's manual, one full 360-degree turn on both limb bolts equals 2-5 lbs. depending on the bow. I've found that a full turn on mine adjusts the weight almost five pounds. BowTech recommends not turning the limb bolts more than 2-1/2 360-degree turns.

Realistic numbers I've seen say that for every 5 lbs. of draw weight you go down, you'll lose 10 fps. Therefore, if the Tryk was shooting 281 at 65, it's more realistic to think it would do 291 at 70 with his setup. But bottom line is that duc likes the bow better, irrespective of speeds.

(To tell you the truth Diesel, I was just trying to razz hardcorehunter a bit with that comment [8D]I figure he's been lurking around this thread for a while )
Old 06-19-2006, 02:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Im shooting 31 hes shooting 31. He has the speed mod. Buckeye where did you read this researchregarding the apples to apples about the Trykon vrs the Tribute and how the Trykon "will not outperform" a Tribute of the same specs? Glad you found something Ive been looking for a whileaboutpublished documented unbiased researched information regarding these 2 bows in particular.The only thing Ive ever foundbesides shooting side by side myself with both bows is on themanufactureres web sites which doesnt really mean anything to me.One says 316 and one says 320, neither of ours are close to the maunfacturers specs because we arent shooting whatever the optimum conditions were at the time they gathered their info. It doesnt mention if, and who, certified the chrono's or if the documentation was ISO certified etc ... my only comparison info is from first hand knowledge.
You know I knew better than to reply to you because I every time I ever had it has turned into an arguement. I'm not here to argue just share thoughts, facts, ideas and talk some smack in the bowhunting contest.

I did not read this reasearch I conducted it. Little do you know about me... I probably own more bows in a year thenmost will purchase intheir lifetime. I buy them play with them and then sell them all except for one each year.

Kind of odd my 29 inch 70 pound Tribute shoots over 300 fps at a mere 29 inch drawlength. That's shooting GoldTip Pro hunters at 305 fps. That's 370 grains FYI.

If you would like to furnish both the saidbows specs to me draw weight andlength, your arrows and fletching I would like to run it through my software.

Well gotta go to work. Take care.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

You know I knew better than to reply to you because I every time I ever had it has turned into an arguement. I'm not here to argue just share thoughts, facts, ideas and talk some smack in the bowhunting contest.
Now thats funny because I feel the same way. I wasnt arguing, I thought I was doing the same thing you were. Is it because my views arent the same as yours you feel its arguing? I guess my views and tests are arguing and yours are sharing thoughts and facts. Youre right buckeye Tributes outperform Trykons, I guess

I did not read this reasearch I conducted it. Little do you know about me... I probably own more bows in a year thenmost will purchase intheir lifetime. I buy them play with them and then sell them all except for one each year.
Well there we go, thats cool, you never said that. That to me is reasearch and data. Youre right I know nothing about you and you know nothing about me. Im glad you canafford to purchase more bows in one year than most do in a lifetime, must be nice.

Hmmm... Didn't know that buckeye had joined the National Pro Staff! I guess "Congratulations" are in order, Scott!
I stand corrected Greg sir.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:07 AM

DaveC: Thanks for your numbers. I like to get an idea of what everyone else is shooting.

Greg: Thanks for the info. I'll be glad when they send my manual to me. Well, I guess I can go online and DL a copy for now.

Diesel: It might be faster but I know who has the better bow.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Diesel

Here are some hard numberslisted onBowsites 2006 bow report.
Here is a link if you would like to check it out. There are 9 bows on the report.

http://www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/features/articles/equipment/2006headtohead/

All the bows were tested at 29 inch draw length and 65 pounds draw weight at factory specs. Here are the speeds tested with a 350 grain arrow.

Tribute 301 FPS
Trykon 289 FPS

I mean really when you are shootingthose kinds of speed12 FPS is really miniscule anyhow.

BTW in my hands I like the protecbestofHoyts line. I also think if they refine the current Trykon for next year it very well could be abow I like as well.

I am not brand loyal or sticking up for BowTech. Had someone said the XT was faster then the Trykon I would have voiced my observations as well. As well all know the Trykon is faster the the XT I shoot whatever bow feels the best to meand FYIthe Tributeisn't evenmy #1 bow of choice.

Have a great day, hope fathers dad treated you well.

Old 06-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Im glad you canafford to purchase more bows in one year than most do in a lifetime, must be nice.
Oh btw...... Some people smoke, some drinkor gamble. Some race circle track. I buy bows and hunting equipment But I can sell my used stuff, those other things your screwed once they are gone.

Old 06-19-2006, 04:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

But bottom line is that duc likes the bow better, irrespective of speeds.
Now that makes more sense than anything I've heard today!! You know, it's a damn tight market, and a lot of fun, I might add...when all we have to squabble about is 8 or 9 fps. Remember the old days??? LOL....
Old 06-19-2006, 04:47 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

Im glad you canafford to purchase more bows in one year than most do in a lifetime, must be nice.
Oh btw...... Some people smoke, some drinkor gamble. Some race circle track. I buy bows and hunting equipment But I can sell my used stuff, those other things your screwed once they are gone.

Man, ain't that the truth?!! Buddy of mine drinks beer and smokes....If I had the money he spends on that in just ONE year......I could buy 5 or 6 new bows a year too! That's why I value what you say, buckeye, cause you've been there, done that, and have the first had experience to back it up.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I respect and appreciate what youve said and posted buckeye, very insightful and informative. Im a fan of many bows as well and Im glad you get to enjoy what you do bud. Now let me know the next time you buy, testand sell a new bow cheap
Old 06-20-2006, 05:22 AM

i shoot 61lbs with a 335 grain arrow and get 300 fps.

Quick Reply: UPDATE: Traded Trykon for a Bowtech

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.