Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

martin or pse

Old 06-14-2006, 10:58 AM

Default martin or pse

Hi
I am new to this site and to archery.I have been shoping around for my first bow. There are not many shops by me but the two that there are helped me out a ton. they recomended to me either the pse triton or the martin saber package. Now I don't know much about the sport but I do know it comes down to personal prefrance. But any advice would help. I am not sure if I will get into hunting with it or just shooting target and eventualy would like to compete. But target is my main goal with this bow with the option to hunt when I am ready.
Thanks
Richie
Old 06-14-2006, 11:11 AM

Default RE: martin or pse

If you're a beginning archer, your first bow should be more forgiving, in my opinion. That means a little longer brace height andmaybe alonger axle to axle length.You might want to consider a little less aggressive cam as well. All this will probably sacrifice some speed, but will help you get your form down and make learning easier I think. Any reputable bow manufacturer should have a bow that suits you.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:35 PM
Typical Buck

I just started bowhunting this year and bought a PSE Thunderbolt. I have been very satisfied with this bow, even more so than my buddy's Hoyt, which is a little surprising. Shoot them both and see which feels better for you. They should allow you to shoot a couple of arrows from each bow to get a feel for them before you buy one.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:16 PM

PSE makes a pretty good line of bows and are reasonably priced compared to others. Good luck and hope you enjoy your new bow.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:58 PM

Go back to your shop and see if they have either of those bows available to shoot. If so, you should take the time to shoot them both and figure out which one is more comfortable/fits you better.

As for buying a package, I wouldn't reccomend that. The equipment sold in most packages is usually the lower end/cheap equipment. If you want quality, buy your bow bare and set it up with decent yet moderately priced accessories until you can afford higher quality ones.

The main thing is to take the time to shoot the bows before you buy one. You may get one that you're uncomfortable with and that will cause you more headaches than necessary.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:01 PM

I have owned both.There both great bows!find out what you want from in yourself then ask around.Do you want a fast arrow hot rod,or a forgiven bow or probley both.It's hard to say because both lines offer very good hunting and target bows.I have a few pse's and one martin.It's a all a matter of line bows.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:36 PM

You might want to try this bow out if you are just starting to get into bowhunting, it's a nice bow and reasonably priced.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0038950417319a&navCount=2&podI d=0038950&parentId=cat601411&navAction=pus h&cmCat=MainCatcat21424&catalogCode=QT&amp ;rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601411&a mp;hasJS=true
Old 06-14-2006, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I recently had a disheartening experience with PSE. I bought a PSE Impala recurve and shot it maybe 50 times and the tp limb de-laminated. I called Cabelas, where I bought it, and they were more than happy to replace it or refund, or whatever I wanted to be done. I called PSE to let them know about the problem and the guy on the phone was a real jerk. He automatically assumed that I had done something stupid with the bow and when I told him that it had been unde completely normal conditions, his response was "Well, I guess we can't all be perfect." That is the last PSE piece of equipment that I will ever own. I know this is only my personal experience, but customer service is something that speaks volumes about the company as a whole. I know there are people on here that love their PSE rigs, so please don't take this personal.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

pse in my opinion

Old 06-14-2006, 07:50 PM

NOT taking your complaint towards PSE personal at all, sounds as if you got some jerk to talk to. What you should have done was to call the main office and talk to a PSE representative "higher up" and tell them about your bad experience with their product and also how rudely you were recieved by a "salesman" the first time you called.
PSE has always done me well, been hunting with their equipment for many, many years with no problems but minor things, wear and tear. Good luck in the future and good hunting.

Quick Reply: martin or pse

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.