Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Timberwolf Taxidermy I need info please help

Old 06-12-2006, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default Timberwolf Taxidermy I need info please help

http://www.huntingnet.com//forum/tm.aspx?m=1564443
Old 06-12-2006, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Timberwolf Taxidermy I need info please help

It isn't what the rack was worth to us, but what it is worth to you (be realistic) if you are looking for compensatory damages. It sounds like you are probably going to end up with nothing though if the guy is broke. You could win in court, but that doesn't guarantee that you will actually get paid. I would say get your rack back from the guy and chalk it up to terrible luck. I know that sounds terrible, but it is the truth.I am sure someone on this forum could supply you with a cape, and if not maybea decent taxidermist near you could. I wish I knew this last November and I could have sent you a really nice cape to have done. Best of luck in the future and I am sorry you had to go through all of this.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:20 AM

Default RE: Timberwolf Taxidermy I need info please help

If you are already in the process of taking them to court, you no longer need to contact him. I doubt he would speak to you anyway, and I dont believe he is required to once papers have been served. As a taxidermist with a LONG return time (and yes, I tell my customers so) I see things like this now and then. The best bet is to make contact ahead of time, DONT listen to what others tell you about your trophy status, but find out from the source, even if that means dropping by to see him. Im in western NY, and I can tell you that a price of 325 in NY state is kinda low. That might have been your first hint. Regardless, he might not have had any trouble with your cape. If he did, he may well be able to get you a suitable replacement. The reason we as taxidermists have our waiver in our contracts is simple... we have no control over a very perishable item until its receieved by us. Theres lots of variables there too. Id suggest, if you havent yet served him paperwork, to get your mutual friend, go see the taxidermist, and see what you can work out then and there first. It may well be a happy ending yet. If you DO go to court, expect only a judgement equal to the face value of the contract and possibly the market value for a medium cape. The antlers have little value on the market, as many only see the price per pound value, where you of course see the sentimental value...as you should. Im sure the antlers are available to you, though. Good luck to you.