Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

You guys have this same problem?

Old 06-08-2006, 05:47 PM

Default You guys have this same problem?

Well, LousianaTomKat reminded me of a problem I have with my summit sometimes. Do you guys ever experience a hard time when trying to pull your climbers apart? The teeth of the bottom platform seem to get locked with the teeth of the seat part. I think I could maybe grind down a tooth on each side where I think it is catching. I mean I have to put all I have to pull the things apart, which tends to get noisey.[:@]
Old 06-08-2006, 06:02 PM

Default RE: You guys have this same problem?

Yes, now that you mention it, I do. Let me see.....what's the trick I discovered for seperating them......Oh....I think if you pull them away from each other at the same time you pull one up from the other, they pop right apart.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:49 PM

Thats 2 times Mobow? What has gotten into you? You are just a regular smarta$$ anymore.

J/K, but seriously I mean they are hard as hell to pull apart. It wasn't that way when I bought it. Sometimes I would wonder if I could even get them apart to get into the tree and then it would be as quiet as a elephant.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:51 PM

WHAT THE??? 2 times??? Dude.........you been tippin the bottle again???? LOL...

Yeah, them boogers get stuck together sometimes and are hard to get apart. But when they do, pull them away from each other at the same time you are pulling the one up. They pop right apart.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:57 PM

Actually, I told you guys wrong. The platform teeth get stuck in the V-bar of the seat part, not the teeth. I don't think that is possible.

Mobow: Trust me dude, I just tried what you said b/c the climber is in my room. It is stuck good. I think I will have to modify.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:20 PM
Dominant Buck

No I hunt with a Loggy!
Old 06-08-2006, 08:06 PM

yeah 1 morning i was yanking and yanking and making a lot of noise so i just yanked really hard and yanked 1 peice right up and bustred my lip.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ducsauce,

Yep. I know exactly what you're talking about. Right after I got my Summit (it's been about five years now), it happened: I mean, the two pieces were absolutely locked together. I even called Matt / PA on the phone because I knew he had one and I was doing everything but using a pry bar to separate them. I never could explain to Matt what was going on, and then somehow, they just popped apart.

It's happened a bunch since then too. At one point, I took a file to the teeth on one of the pieces thinking that was the problem, but it happened after that.

The best advice I can give you is to pull the top piece (if you laid the whole stand on the ground) straight out, as if you were trying to keep it parallel with the ground. Then, after you've pulled it out a little, you can lift it up and separate the pieces.

It may take some practicing, but I can usually separate them pretty quickly now when they become stuck together -- and they still do sometimes.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:49 PM

Yeah but that gets right noisey sometimes, right Greg?
Old 06-11-2006, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's not bad... I've kind of learned how to do it and pull while kind of simultaneously keeping tension on it so it doesn't just clank apart.

It took a few times to get it down to where it wasn't noisy.

Quick Reply: You guys have this same problem?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.