Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Old 06-09-2006, 12:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

G5 Outdoors has supported and will continue to support organizations that promote archery and its traditions of artistry, conservationism, community and family.
[&o]
Um.......yeah. The traditions and artistry of pen raised animals shot in ass with a dart for sport, money and "Fame" while the actual bowhunting community and family screams NO!! pretty much sums up how out of touch this company is and how contradictory their stance is.
Shame on you G5.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:09 PM

There you go.....

We better not see any entries for G5 in the annaul broadhead survey!
Old 06-09-2006, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I vow to never purchase a product from any company that sponsors this crap. By the way, you too can shoot a trophy buck at Lost Arrow Ranch if you have the money. Or if you'd rather shoot pheasants released from a tower you can do that too! Here's the menu:

Trophy White Tailed Deer Hunts
Lost Arrow Resort...a hunter’s paradise. This is our 12th year of trophy white tailed deer management producing magnificent bucks on our preserve. The preserve is approximately 1200 acres of bottomland hardwoods and cedar swamps that provide excellent cover for those mysterious monster bucks. Our preserve is managed by our Wildlife Biologist, Avery Sterling III. All hunts include a guide, license, and processing of your deer.

Rack Score Cost
Up to 120 $1500
121-130 $2500
131-140 $3500
141-150 $4500
151-160 $5500
161-170 $7500
171-180 $10500
181 and upcall for pricing

http://www.lstarrow.com/index_files/huntingpreserve.htm.
[/align]
Old 06-09-2006, 01:38 PM

we should spread this post to the deer hunting forum, as the gun community will see it and have a chance to act as well.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Greg,I appreciate your time and effort in the relaying of this information to us as well as the communication you are having with the various companies involved!You have expressed extremely well what we are all likely feeling about this issue.
This is complete BS and it is money driven not the interest of sportsman driven!For them to suggest otherwise plays us for fools! I hope it effects their company significantly.Maybe as a block we shouldrefuse to purchase hunting magazines that advertise their products,not that this is fair to those publications but how else do we exert our influence.I am open to any other idea's.
Thank you,
Scot
Old 06-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Greg, and others I agree wholeheartedly on this subject. This is total trash!!!! I will not in any way shape or form support any organization that supports this type of unethical manipulation of our hunting culture. Hit them where it hurts most, in their pocketbooks. Get those emails out. Contact your congressmen.

Old 06-09-2006, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I too thought this was some kind of sick joke when first read!
How is darting a buck, watching it collapse atfull speedand possibly breaking his neck, Respectful?!! Especially when done for entertainment purposes! Did they envision people cheering and screaming for more?
Pay per view? Who wants to pay to see this? Hunters-NO, non-hunters-NO.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Shed,
Don't confuse Eastman OutdoorsInc.(Carbon Express, Gorilla standsetc) with the Eastman's Journal guys......2 different companies and you are thinking of the wrong one.[:-]

Thanks Matt, I am glad I had the wrong Eastmans..whew..I was worried there for a bit..thanks again. Troy
Old 06-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

That's not a bad idea for everyone....
I'm on board... and -- I don't think it would hurt to link to this thread in the body of your text that you're e-mailing to each sponsor.
Along with that link should be a suggestion that these sponsors come here on this site and offer up an excuse as to why they would sponsor such a thing.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

From Carbon Express/ eastman Outdoors Inc.Website:

FLUSHING, Mich., June 9 – No formal agreement exists between the World Hunting Association (WHA) and Eastman Outdoors, Inc. (Carbon Express®) or Gorilla, Inc. (Gorillatm Treestands). Recent reports indicated that Eastman Outdoors, Inc. and Gorilla, Inc. are sponsors of the World Hunting Association. Eastman Outdoors and Gorilla did meet with the WHA. After careful consideration of the WHA program, Eastman Outdoors, Inc. and Gorilla, Inc. decided to decline the sponsorship offer from WHA

http://www.carbonexpressarrows.com/

I would hope that the decision wasn't entirely based upon the $$but ratherthat the overall big picture came into focus quickly and clearly........either way, kudos Eastmans for landing on the correct side of the fence.

Quick Reply: Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.