Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Old 06-08-2006, 10:16 PM

Default RE: Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Tranquilizing animals? Come on, if that doesn't do more to hurt the image of legal and ethical sport hunting then I don't know will. How many states will this even be allowed in? Wait until a few animals die, TV and sponsors pull out and the animal righters get riled up andhe will go back too selling real estate...

Some people just don't deserve lots of money and time,
RA
Old 06-09-2006, 05:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I could take the time to type a well written thread about how I'm against this but it would only mirror Greg / MO's thread so in that regards, thanks Greg for sparing me the typing. Well said.
I agree also with Greg, thx
Old 06-09-2006, 06:00 AM

i think i'm going to puke.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Great idea Greg / MO and remind each sponsor the power of the internet and the hundreds of thousands of members here.

The other thing I noticed upon visiting their web site, you cannot contact them unless you want advertisment or sponsor information.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

My only question is if they are all held behind high fences, then why use a "non fatal" method? The animals in those ranches are much like cattle in that they are bred to be killed. So, what is the point of, like so many have already noted, fueling organizations like PETA, etc? I think it is going to take me some time just to soak all of this in. Right now I am at a complete loss for words.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

I talk to the President of WTA Mr. Farbman, and guys this is no good. He tried to convince me 80% of all other hunters support this event. Only us on Hunting.net and the other forums who were nuts. He wants us to rally for his event. I have zero respect for Mr. Farbman.

This in no way thiswill help hunting, I talked to Eastman Outdoors and I hope they pull their sponorship of this and I think they will. G5 I hope you wise up also.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

My only question is if they are all held behind high fences, then why use a "non fatal" method? The animals in those ranches are much like cattle in that they are bred to be killed. So, what is the point of, like so many have already noted, fueling organizations like PETA, etc? I think it is going to take me some time just to soak all of this in. Right now I am at a complete loss for words.
Simple......because they are worth much more alive than dead. The "rancher" can make money multiple times from the non-lethal hunting alternative as well as the genetic stud fees etc from exceptional animals.
Big deer is big business. Kill a penned deer and it's a one time fee with no future earning potential.

This whole idea just sickens me it really does. I want to get off on a 1000 word novel on it but keep resisting the urge.
It also really disturbs me that the supporters of this are basing their "case" on some limited mainstream media support ignoring the fact that basically ALL of the real bowhunters (upwards of 90% or more on the support poll) passionately against this idea.

Do you pay attention to a limited sample of mainstream mediawho stands to make some cash off of this?........or the true bowhunters in the country who are screaming NO? Hmmmmmm.

It's a very limited number of individuals looking to line their pockets at the possible expense of the majority under the disguise of it "benefiting" the hunting cause. It's not hunting and when I see it called hunting or possibly when the media considers it hunting I think I'll hurl.[:'(]

I don't want to be painted under this brushtroke by anybody.

Old 06-09-2006, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

What a mess. I typically am of the opinion that any and all hunters should not draw lines between ourselves because there simply are not enough of us, and it is a dying sport that needs all the votes and supporters that we can get, however this is where I feel the line should be drawn. What a mess, it is a shame that this idea has gotten this far because this will definitely fuel the anti's for quite some time now that it is public knowledge. I am sure this will be exploited by others to frame us all under one image. [:'(][:@]
Old 06-09-2006, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm going to my pro shop today and I'll be sure to let them know about this. I'm sure they will be against it. They carry some of the sponsers gear. I will do my absolute best to convince them to boycott the stuff and let the sponsers know why.

EDIT: I just got a call from Mike Stone with Eastman Outdoors. He told me they are not yet and may never be a sponser of the WHA. They had to get this Farbman guy to stop telling people it is a done deal. Mike told me they are considering all calls and e-mails they are getting on this topic and can't yet make a statement but that they are leaning towards their "core values". This sounds good to me. He is also going to forward my e-mail to Mr. Farbman. I hope he replies to me. If so I will post his address so we can all let him know howwe feel! Thank you to Mike Stone and Eastman for a prompt response.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:12 AM
Fork Horn

total garbage..........i can not and will not support any sponsors of this event............

Quick Reply: Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.