Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Old 06-08-2006, 02:18 PM

Default RE: Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Wow, this is simply sick and twisted! Lets face it though guys, we all put competition into hunting so we have ourselves to blame in part for this. How many guys here enter buck pools, or hunting contests, or just rib our buddies about who's deer is bigger? Granted, this is nowhere near as extreme as what this company is doing, but we can't all act like competiton in hunting is something new to us. I will admit that I do it, I joke with my buddies about who is gonna shoot the biggest buck every year, I enter the hunting contests, ect. With that said, I do still find this to be way over the line and just in bad taste. I wouldn't even see it in such a bad light if the animals were actually shot and killed. To dart a deer simply so you can collect a pay check is a ridiculous and shows that this company and the people who participate and sponsor this have no morals. I would assume that most, if not all of us hunters on this board hunt for several reasons, to collect food for the table, the sheer enjoyment of spending hours in the woods without a single person bothering you, spending time with friends and loved ones, the ultimate challenge of trying to out smart a deer in his home and the absolute rush when a plan comes together, what these people are doing is using a animal that holds a special spot in my heart simply to collect money, and like you guys I am pissed off about it. Hunters have been fighting a up-hill battle against anti's and one of the strongest arguements for us is that we are helping out the herd, helping out the enviroment, and as a bonus we get some delicious food for the table. What are people going to think when they see these guys who are only in it to get money and to get their kicks from big antlers. Everything that hunters have been fighting for is being thrown out by this organization. I am e-mailing all of the sponsors as well as the PGC and DCNR about this and letting them know how I feel, I would suggest that everybody else does the same as this is something that can in no way help the sport or the image of hunters to the publics eyes.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:33 PM

ORIGINAL: marcusjb

During WHA Tour events, highly skilled hunters from around the world will compete, utilizing the WHA's patent-pending, respectful non-fatal tranquilizing technique that will allow for a thrilling tournament experience.

Respectful non-fatal? Next thing they'll tell us we aren't "respectful" hunters if we harvest a deer and stock our freezer with great wild meat!
EXACTLY! The next step will be a movement by anti's pushing for ALL "hunters" to utilize this method. This is crazy, but in todays world of reality TV what do we expect. Makes me sick as well, I'm all for boycotting all involved sponsors.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:03 PM

I just contacted all of the sponsors boycotting their products. That pretty much summarizes my feelings about it, no need for me to retype Gregs post, he nailed it.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I could take the time to type a well written thread about how I'm against this but it would only mirror Greg / MO's thread so in that regards, thanks Greg for sparing me the typing. Well said.
I'm with these guys, this is a terrible idea and it should be abandoned immediately. It seems to be another game for the rich and famous, not necessarily the best hunters in the world. It would do nothing but degrade the sport of hunting.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Greg/Mo's response speaks for me as well, but I will add a few thoughts of my own.

In addition to being unethical, immoral, greedy, and shows the lack of respect for hunting and those who have fought long and hard for sportsman's rights, I am of the opinion it would be most likely illegal. Illinois's state bowhunting organization has already spoken against it and I am certain other state's organizations will follow. In addition I am personally emailing all mentioned sponsors with my objections. I will call if I have to get a response.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's another tidbit of info - not sure if its been mentioned yet or not - ................................................

all the hunts are conducted in high fence ranches.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

BAD, BAD, BAD, IDEA........... [:'(][&o][>:]

I can't believe this!!! Imagine the fuel this will give to the likes of PETA, HSUS, etc.... [&:]

Old 06-08-2006, 06:49 PM

DISGUSTING .........why do these people think we, the ones that love to hunt, would even be interested in something like this. The hunting shows are made for us, the hunters......the ones that pour millions of dollars in to this sport. The non hunters don't watch any of these shows, and the anti hunters are just waiting for crap like this. This type of show would be so disrespectful to all of us and the animals that we love to hunt. Think I'll FIRE UP the women hunters I know and we will send a few emails!!
Old 06-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: txrookie

Well, I've sent e-mails to the listed sponsers and let them know I won't be buying products from them. I'll let you know how they respond if they do.
That's not a bad idea for everyone....
Old 06-08-2006, 10:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's not a bad idea for everyone....
I'm on board... and -- I don't think it would hurt to link to this thread in the body of your text that you're e-mailing to each sponsor.

Quick Reply: Professional Hunting "Tour" !?!?!?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.