Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Switchback superiority continues

Old 06-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Banned

Default RE: Switchback superiority continues

ORIGINAL: idahoelkinstructor

When you have the best........there's just no need!
mobowhuntr, now hold on one dang minute![8D]Don't let this go to your head.I never said that Hoyt, or Bowtech are the best. And I never said that I feel Mathews is the very best either. But I will say that among the big three as I like to call them. Meaning Hoyt, Bowtech and Mathews that they have the best bows on the market period. Just this last january I shoot the Bowtech Tribute, Hoyt Trykon, and Switchback XT all together for about a half an hour. I would shoot three arrows and then change bows again and again and again. Being totoal honest I will tell people strait up if you have any of these three bows then quite honestly you have the very best of the best. I walked away saying from that saying wow, becasue all three represent the best inprovments and tecnology (sp?) that is on the market today. Now of the three what is the best of the best among them?Wellagain being honest and I have to also add IMO (if that means anything[8D])I don't think there is a clear winner. So it comes down to loyality and pride and personal choice. I happen to like Mathews and I work part time in a Mathews shop. Its only natural that I own three Mathews bows. But I would sure share my campfire in elk camp with a Hoyt or bowtechshooter in a heart beat! During the day I could care less who shot what becuse I would be too busy chasing elk. But at night around the camp fire. Well lets just say that would be fun, comming up with good friendly arguments about who in camp shoots the best.!
I agree...the top three are great that you listed and I too have shot the ones mentioned..it is all in what you like but you can't go wrong with any of these for sure!!
Old 06-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have to say though, we've started selling Ross and Elite and I am MOST impressed w/ them as well.
I would love to get my hands on a Ross, from what I have heard they shoot awesome. Whats the price tag on one of those?Besides Mathes we also sell Martin, Rytera, Jennings, and Bear bows. Some the new Martins and Jennings have inpressed me too, they shoot almost as good as one of the big three but the price tag is between $300 and $400 for bare bow.

I agree...the top three are great that you listed and I too have shot the ones mentioned..it is all in what you like but you can't go wrong with any of these for sure!!
Well said hardcorehunter!
Old 06-04-2006, 11:04 AM

Idaho, a Ross goes for right around $650 bare bow at our shop. They are very sweet indeed. Virtually no hand shock at all and very quiet.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

They got a draw cycle that sucks though. You pull pull pull then bam the valley from hell. It was a good attempt at the switchback though.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

They got a draw cycle that sucks though. You pull pull pull then bam the valley from hell. It was a good attempt at the switchback though.

What? Hey it is a copy of Mathews best bow ever(They still have not made one better) MQ1. It is MQ1 with parallel limbs, not a mathews draws smother than the ROSS!!
Old 06-04-2006, 07:21 PM

Yep, that new switchback bike is pretty cool..... I hear the Trykon and Allegiance is a cool set of wheels too... But this is a BOWhunting forum, not a bicycling forum..... Below you find a picture of a bow.....

Old 06-05-2006, 02:16 PM

Wow, I didn't realize my post would be such a thread killer!! lol [8D]
Old 06-06-2006, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

DC that is a beautiful bow. For looks, beauty, ruggedness and in the tradition of bowhunting I find that traditional equipment is much more pleasing to the eye.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a good test to read regarding the 2006 bows from Bowsite. Looks like Switchback XT won hands down, followed by Bowtech. Here's the link if you haven't read it.

http://www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/features/articles/equipment/2006headtohead/
Old 06-06-2006, 04:52 PM