Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your guys' opinion!?

Old 05-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Your guys' opinion!?

I shot the TT for the last 3 seasons with good success. It is a great rest. I even took my largest buck using the TTSH. I just found a rest I like better now. The TT is on my backup bow and will remain as a solid backup to the MZE.

The arrow holder may be a new NAP product but they have been available for the past couple years from different manufactures.

Best of luck to you all no matter what gear you decide is best for you.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Banned

Thanks Buckeye. How come you don't use the WB and get away from the drop aways?
Old 05-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Buckeye. How come you don't use the WB and get away from the drop aways?
Asking a tournament archer that is like asking a good ole' boywhy he doesn'tdrive a Mitsubishi instead of his Chevy 4X4truck

I will say the WB is a solid hunting rest if setup properly, it just isn't my cup of tea as a everyday rest. Although I do have one on my bowfishing setup
Old 05-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Banned

LOL.I haven't bow fished in years but we have been talking about it. Now that is a great place for a WB. Thanks for your input. I hope you do well with your shooting competition. I have a friend that lives and breathes that too. He uses the trophy taker on his setups. I'll have to ask him if any guys around him are shooting the muzzy.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:56 PM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I am curious though of what the advantage is to have your arrow fletchings come in contact with the rest as it leaves though bow?
To answer that plainly......there is no advantage at all. BUT....the reason it works is that all 3 fletchings have the same contact, not just one. W/ a conventional rest, if one fletch hits the rest.....bad things happen. But w/ the biscuit, it doesn't matter, they cancel each other out so to say.

I shoot a Drop Zone and couldn't be happier, but I have several friends w/ the WB and I have nothing bad to say about them. Excellent rest, especially for the spot and stalk hunter.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I actually use the TT on my 3D rig and have no plans on changing that at all. IMO the perfect rest for target archery. Were not so different after all, eh? [8D]

But with this being the "bowhunting" forum I suggest the MZE as my opinion as the best hunting rest available.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:01 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I am curious though of what the advantage is to have your arrow fletchings come in contact with the rest as it leaves though bow?
To answer that plainly......there is no advantage at all. BUT....the reason it works is that all 3 fletchings have the same contact, not just one. W/ a conventional rest, if one fletch hits the rest.....bad things happen. But w/ the biscuit, it doesn't matter, they cancel each other out so to say.

I shoot a Drop Zone and couldn't be happier, but I have several friends w/ the WB and I have nothing bad to say about them. Excellent rest, especially for the spot and stalk hunter.
I'll buy that.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:29 PM
Typical Buck

Muzzy Zero Effect is excelent,I have had mine on my bow for at least a couple years now,with no problems.Hardcore do you live close to the big river(Mississippi)?
Old 05-13-2006, 03:22 AM
Banned

No drstalker. Central IA near Ames
Old 05-13-2006, 03:38 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

I actually use the TT on my 3D rig and have no plans on changing that at all. IMO the perfect rest for target archery. Were not so different after all, eh? [8D]

But with this being the "bowhunting" forum I suggest the MZE as my opinion as the best hunting rest available.
I have seen the muzzy. You have me interested since you do a lot of shooting and sound quite knowledgeable. Why should I switch to the muzzy. What is the advantage to the muzzy over my TT?

Quick Reply: Your guys' opinion!?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.