Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rutting Activity in your area?

Old 10-28-2002, 03:14 PM

Default Rutting Activity in your area?

Are you seeing any rutting activity in you area? Is there much chasing going on? I got skunked my last 2 times to stand(10/26,27). With changing the clocks means the end of hunting after work for me. I took a 1/2 day Thursday and Friday (10/31,11/1) off work. Looks like we might get some snow here in western NY.
Eddie

Old 10-28-2002, 05:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Rutting Activity in your area?

I live in Maryland and been seeing alot of rubs and scrapes. With the time change and the colder weather, there moving. I dont think there in rut yet, but there exercising. I killed a spike last weekend and seen three this sat. could of took another button buck but I let all of them walk. with the time going back I cant hunt after work either. I took my last 4 days for (10/12-15) right in the middle of the breeding phase. Thats about the time I usually see them chasing does. A buddy of mine killed a nice 8 friday night and he was missing hair on his chest..............I guess he might be anxious. You never know you got to be there