Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Making Drop Zone Hunter Quiet

Old 04-23-2006, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Making Drop Zone Hunter Quiet

Hey Yall, Been awhile since I posted. I have been reading alot of the old posts and some new. Real busy time of the year for me. Had the Drop Zone installed a couple weeks ago, served in the string. Shoots great after tuning everything up. I have a question for some of you guys who shoot this rest. How do you quiet it on the fall? I don't hear a thing on the draw, but on the release the arm on the rest slaps down in the slot pretty hard(snap). Any ideas appreciated. Thanks, LT
Old 04-23-2006, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Making Drop Zone Hunter Quiet

First thing to do is to take the rest apart and cut the knot off where it goes into the launcher arm and burn it like a loop, big enough so it doesn't pull through. Then what I did is on the bottom between the two screw holes, I glued a piece of a string leach on, about 3/8 in. tall. This is so the arm will come down and hit cushioning the fall of the arm. The last thing I did was put some light grease on the springs and tubes which helps with vibration and keeps things moving smoothly. Mine is very quiet after doing this.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Making Drop Zone Hunter Quiet

They will send you an upgrade kit to quiten it down if you e-mail them and ask. Maybe the new ones are coming with it already?

It's 2 small o-rings on the bottom of each of the rods that the launcher arm rides up & down on. Lift your arm up and look under & inside the cavity-if you can see 2 stacked o-rings at the bottom then it's already ther, if not you might want to e-mail them and ask for it. It was an easy task with easy directions.