Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

sims string leeches

Old 04-18-2006, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default sims string leeches

I have the leeches on my Hoyt. I've heard they cost you speed. Then I read an article that said they actually gain 1 - 2 fps. I've heard people say their bow is no quieter with the leeches. Others say their bow is dramatically quieter. They do have the potential to hit you in the eye. Sims warns you to wear eye protection which nobody does while bowhunting. I shoot a heavier arrow and use the S coil stabilizer. What would happen if I took off my leeches?
Old 04-18-2006, 01:39 PM

Default RE: sims string leeches

Nothing catastrophic, try it and see.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:01 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Hoyt Razortec that I have been using without any leeches for 2 years. It shoots great and is very quiet.

I did however loose 2 fps when I took the leeches off. I found that to be a small compromise considering that if you happen to loose one leg off the leeches that your bow will shoot differently.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:42 PM

ORIGINAL: 98Redline

I have a Hoyt Razortec that I have been using without any leeches for 2 years. It shoots great and is very quiet.

I did however loose 2 fps when I took the leeches off. I found that to be a small compromise considering that if you happen to loose one leg off the leeches that your bow will shoot differently.
How will it shoot differently?
Old 04-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Dominant Buck

I like them. I have not noticed any real cost on speed. If any, its very little.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Spped loss is minimal. And they can add speed to the bow if you can get them close enough to the cam to act like speed balls. You can take them off the bow and try it. I already know what will happen. More vibration and more noise. Try it and find out. You have all summer to dick around with it.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:55 AM
Dominant Buck

If getting hit by a bit of leg worries you then switch to String Bats , they work just as well and don't have legs .
Old 04-20-2006, 07:59 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: turtleshell

ORIGINAL: 98Redline

How will it shoot differently?
It will shoot differently due to the changed mass on the string. While it may not mean a whole lot at shorter distances, I have found that it can change your point of impact by up to 4 inches at distances >40 yards.

It is the same thing as taking off a sngle speed ball.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

I like them. I have not noticed any real cost on speed. If any, its very little.
Ditto!
Old 04-20-2006, 01:02 PM
Typical Buck

Cat whiskers,work well, cheaper and last longer[ in my opinion]

Quick Reply: sims string leeches

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.