Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which bowhunt means the most?

Old 04-21-2006, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Which bowhunt means the most?

So Troy are you going to share yours with us?
Old 04-22-2006, 12:53 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Best hunt... no doubt... getting to watch Tyler shoot his first deer with bow at age 13. He made a dandy shot when the buck was slightly quartering to at 12 yards. After the buck ran off, Iwill never forget him saying, " Dad, I tucked the arrow in tight to his shoulder cause he was quartering to. ". That reallyimpressed me. Even with first time jitters, the excitement of the buck being so closeplus we were hunting on the ground... He remembered shot placement and executed it flawlessly. The ' Moment of Truth " says a lot about a person in my book. He passed with flying colors!!

Tim

Old 04-24-2006, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

sorry for the bump... I havent been able to get on for a few days...

Great stuff guys, thank you all for sharing the info, stories and pictures!

Ryan, this was very hard for me to answer as well. Like you said, so many that mean a lot for different reasons. I would have to say the ones that mean the most to me are the ones I invest the most time and effort into. I have a couple. My 03 early archery buck and my first mature whitetail with a bow are probably tops. I spent over a year following each of these bucks around,making a plan for interception for differentparts of the season andpicking up their sheds etc..before taking them.