Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Am I too picky or are all bowhunters this way?

Old 04-16-2006, 07:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Am I too picky or are all bowhunters this way?

I was hoping this was about what deer to shoot. No Cougar your fine on both equipment and your choice of deer. You hunt what you like.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

I was hoping this was about what deer to shoot
Maybe that too.....haven't shot a buck the last two seasons.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Same here CM, I usually have to special order items...but that's alright, I'm prepared for that each time. One reason I became self sufficient. I usually order extra everything and why I own a bow press, chronograph, bow scale, arrow jig, string jig, serving jig and everything else I need to be my own shop.....

Old 04-17-2006, 12:11 AM

I agree that most serious bowhunters, probably all, are very picky about what they use. We do research in magazines, on line, by talking with our friends, etc and then we figure out what we want. If we have to buy it online then we have to buy it online. Greg/MO had a good point though, if your local shop doesn't carry it, let them know what you are looking for, how much it would cost you to buy online (with shipping) and see if they can get it to you for around the same price. I live in a very small town in the Adirondack Mountains in New York and I do this with not only hunting items, but also every day hardware store itemsat our local hardware store. Even if it is a little more money, keeping business local is what keeps small towns and small businesses alive.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

No!

Your not too picky ,because I do the same .If I can't get what I want at my local shop ,then I'll go directly to where I know carries it such as the company who's product you want and buy .First I'll search the internet ,such as ebay or AT and if I can't find it there then I go directly to the source who produce's it .I'm sure most of us do the same ,unless your new to the sport.

nubo
Old 04-17-2006, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

we're all that picky man, it's just with different things. Best of luck getting what you need though.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:53 PM
Spike

I am also as picky, this has become a gr8 place for new info for me, i also use magazine articles and to some extent the tube for new or different products. If I see it in one I look all aver the others to get more info. Then try to do my best with questions here or for myself, but if I need to order direct from the manufacturer online I will do it in a heart beat.

I THINK IT'S JUST THE WAY WE ARE..
Old 04-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Spike

HEY!!! I MADE SPIKE....
Old 04-17-2006, 02:58 PM
Site Buck Guru

No you are not being picky. That's what you should do. You get what you think is best for you, then if something screws up what or who is to blame? Not the equiptment, usually!
Old 04-17-2006, 04:11 PM

nope you are good. I will drive all over helland hit every shop I can find to get the gear I want. I like the set up I shoot. I am comfy with it and that just helps me shoot better knowingI dont have to worry about mygear.

Quick Reply: Am I too picky or are all bowhunters this way?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.