Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Boycott Wal-Mart

Old 04-14-2006, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Boycott Wal-Mart

Whats a Walmart?

I remember - that was the company Sam built on the pride of of American products.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Looks like your on your own. I'm going to wally world tonight and buy something.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:56 PM

ditto i dont buy alot of hunting stuff there. but it is nice to know that they have a desent aray of hunting stuff!!!!!!especialy if your in a bind.so get off there back!!!!!!they save alot people including my self a good bit money!!!!!!!!dont be haten just because they are doing it better then anybody!!!!!!
Old 04-14-2006, 03:06 PM

It dosent bother me none cause I live in Canada and have never seen a gun in Wal-Mart...
Old 04-14-2006, 03:06 PM
G5

when the subject first came about there so many people thinking that wal-mart was portraying an image against hunter/fishermen. Maybe thats why he posted this all over again.

No need to kick a dead horse. this subject his been kicked enough
Old 04-14-2006, 03:17 PM
usa
Fork Horn

Sure marketing helped wal-mart decide not to sell firearm's, but I'll bet the $14.5 million dollar fine they just paid because their sporting good's employee's didn't follow the rule's also helped make that decision.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:52 PM

ORIGINAL: krojemann

'Boycott Walmart' ...That might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. The reason they are stopping in some stores is because of marketing...THEY JUST DON'T SELL IN SOME LOCATIONS. So it would be absolutely brain dead of them to continue trying to sell firearms when the past has shown they don't sell. So why not try selling something that does sell in place of the firearms. WalMart is no different than you...they want to do what benefits them the most.

Its not just the marketing. In areas of the US, Wal-mart got slapped with charges of selling firearms to underage customers, and also selling the firearms to someone buying it for someone else. A great deal of media coverage and the anti-gun movement caught wind of it, and Wal-Mart ended the firearms selling in those stores. This happens mroe and more at these big stores.. it is not a surprise at all to see this happen. Another example is Big 5, where handguns especially on the West coast have been taken of the shelves because of employees not executing the full waiting period for that firearm, and letting customers go home with them. Employee error, bad judgement, and felony crimes have made the media and the anti-gun croons on capital hill enjoy the support for their unconstitutional legislation.

And to enter my feeling on the banning or boycotts, just don't shop there. I don't because I view local gun shops, grocery stores, and the like in first priority for the sake of local small businesses. My preference and mine only, but I advise those who want to boycott, just go somewhere else. Boycotting Wal-Mart is a waste of time, as that company is $20 billion a year business, spanning across the globe. You are not going to change their minds, as they do more income on the whole to even worry about where their firearm section is going. There are more stores out there where you can buy firearms, firearm accesories, and ammo.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I try to buy all of my things from small businesses, I don’t really like the whole corporation thing.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:41 PM

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

Whats a Walmart?

I remember - that was the company Sam built on the pride of of American products.
I am as discouraged as anybody about the state of US made goods marketing, but Wal Mart's not alone. Try to find any US made stuff that's affordable at Cabela's, Farm and Tractor Supply, Big R, Sears, Lowes, Home Depot, the list goes on. I always make an effort to buy US made IF it's reasonably competitive, but it's getting harder. Seems everything I like in my price range from Cabela's or Bass Pro or Sportsman's Warehousesays "imported" at the end of the description.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:41 PM
Dominant Buck

I'll tell my wife since she does the shopping that's her department. I'm not sure she'll be happy with it though.

Quick Reply: Boycott Wal-Mart

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.