Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

rocky boots

Old 10-26-2002, 07:02 PM

Default rocky boots

I have been having problems with the soles on rocky boots wearing out in less than one season ( wearing out is an understatement more like falling apart ) could anyone recommend a good pair of hunting boots?
Old 10-26-2002, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: rocky boots

Three years ago I purchased a pair of Black Rock Waterproof Hunting boots (Cat No XA-81-1123). They have performed better than I expected. I suggest you buy a size larger though for a second pair of socks. I didn't and it was a mistake. However, this oversight has not presented one moment of disappointment.

Bowhunter
Old 10-26-2002, 07:28 PM

Take it to the equipment forum
Old 10-26-2002, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

I've got 4 pairs of Rocky's and love them all. One pair is 8 years old and probably has over a hundred miles on them. I've heard alot of people say good stuff about Wolverines but never tried them myself.
Old 10-26-2002, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll double that huntforlife...Rockys are junk!!! Great for fair weather hunts who dont put there gear through "the test", but junk for those of us who actaully NEED to really on our equipment to survive!

http://www.geocities.com/tradbow007/...dventures.html
Old 10-26-2002, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also don't like Rocky's. I got a pair last year that were supposedly water-proof. About 2 weeks after I got em they started leaking. Since then, I purchased a pair of...Wolverines. They work great for me, keep my feet warm and dry.

"If a lie is repeated often enough, the gullible public will eventually believe it." -- Paul Joseph Goebbels (Chief Minister of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda for Adolph Hitler)
Old 10-27-2002, 02:21 AM

Froman, Moderator:

Rule # 13Members are to respect the designated TOPIC AREAS when posting their message. This includes off-topic and sales information that does not belong in the Main Forum area. Those who post messages not relating to the topic area, will have the threads closed or the posts deleted.
This is an equipment question. Why didn't you lock it to move to the equipment forum?????

"Size isn't important, but it HELPS!!!"
Old 10-27-2002, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a pair of Irish Setters at the end of the summer and their great. I bought these because apparently Rocky doesn't honour their warranty in Canada, I have no complaints so far and have worn them on some pretty cold and wet hunts.

"guns aren't for killing people, guns are for killing dangerous and delicious animals"
- Homer Simpson
Old 10-27-2002, 07:32 AM
nub

Dan: So what brand of boots do you reccomend. You seem to give good info, so I'd like your advice. That Cutco made short work of a moose this fall by the way.

Sooner, take a pill man.
Old 10-27-2002, 08:55 AM
Dominant Buck

All of my Rockys have performed flawlessly. The only time they don't work is when you try and wade 15 inches of water with your 10 inch boots. I have one pair that got to close to the campfire and the soles look like an old lava flow.... but the Goretex is still working. The only time I had a problem with a pair of Rockys was when I bought what I call there (second quality) They make some with Azetec waterproofing.(original OUTBACKS) It is junk.... just as it is in any boot. NOTHING beats Goretex and I wouldn't own a pair of boots that weren't Goretex. A lot of manufacturers are switching to the Azetec waterproofing system to lower the cost.... it's not a savings. It's cheap and doesn't hold up. Right now my favorite is a pair of Brutes I bough MANY years ago. Still comfy, still water proof, melted sole and all. I also have an old pair of (excuse me for this) BUCKMASTER 16 inch jobs that were made by Rocky with Goretex. They must be 12 years old and still ticking and water proof. If the add say 100% waterproof it's not Goretex unless it SHOWS the GORETEX trademark. If it doesn't show Goretex is some lesser(cheaper) brand of waterproofing. Not worth the money.

Edited by - davidmil on 10/27/2002 09:57:13

Quick Reply: rocky boots

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.