Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First Kill of the year....for real!!

Old 04-03-2006, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default First Kill of the year....for real!!

Well, about a month and a half ago, I obtained my first kill of the year. I will give you the story, because it just wouldn't be the same without.

On this particular evening, I had to go to a meeting for our NWTF banquet that was about 30 miles away. While I am still at work, the wife calls and asked that I pick some stuff up at the store. So I say sure and fail to write it down. Well I leave work, late I must say, and head home. Stop at the store and grabbed everything but the buns, that were needed for supper. So at this point, I won't have time to eat prior to leaving. When I get home, she tells me she needs gas in her car so she can go somewhere. So I relunctenly go and get her gas at Casey's. While I am there I buy the stupid bunsfor supper. At this point I should be at my buddies house to pick him up in about 10 minutes. He lives about 5 minutes away. So I leave Caseys and head down the road to my house. Well, when I turned the corner head down that road, a Police Officer was coming towards me. He immediatly turns around and follows me for about 3 blocks and 2 stop signs before he turns on his lights. So I pull over and wait for him to come to the car. He finally get up to the car and he informs me that he pulled me over for failing to use a turn signal. And he was an immediate pain the but!! I for one think that there is no reason for an officer to be an arse unless somebody is that way towards them. I was nothing but polite...until he also informs me that I stopped in the wrong place. I kind of argued with him about that, but not too much. Keep in mind, that I live in a town with about 1200 people and he has nothing better to do than pull me over for a turn signal. Give me a break!! So when he comes back he informs me that he wasn't giving a citation for failure to stop at the stop sign. To which I reply, "well that good, because I did nothing wrong." And he replies, well you stopped in the intersection. Then I said, "who in there right mind would not stop correctly at 2 stop signs when there is a cop on their butt calling in there plates?" Then he says, I am going to give you a citation for the turn signal. 75 bucks for not using my signal. Now I am even more ticked off. I am almost 30 years old withouta blemish on my driving record and he decides he needs to fix that problem rather than go and arrest the many known drug dealers in town, or the wife beaters, and the underage drinking problems. But I said thanks and continued on home.

Now I am 5 minutes late to be at my buddies house. Well now that I didn't have time to put gas in my truck, I have to take the wifes car and she will use my truck. I head out, speeding to all get out to get to my buddies house 5 minutes in the country. About half way there, he calls me. I answer and he immediatley asks me, where the heck are you. I said about 3 miles away and proceeded to complain about the cops "I was picked on in highschool and now I have a badge a gun" attitude. As I was talking to him, I come up over a hill and immediatly see nothing but about 10 sets of eyes standing on the road and on a bridge none the less. Well, a few nasty words later and then a deafening thud I hit one his local deer right on the bridge. No where to go unless I wanted to hit the concrete barrier of the bridge. Don't forget, I was in the wifes car, that I am wanting to sell none the less. My buddy is on the phone yelling at me for hitting his deer. I told him not to worry, it is laying right here next to me dead. I get out to examine the car and to my surprise find very little damage. So by this time, he is pulling up in his truck and we load the deer and take off to his house. Drop the truck off and continued to our meeting and then came back to dress out this deer and save whatever we can.

I guess this will teach me to complain about not getting anything during the last season!! And then he informs me that since I already took my buck, I can't shoot a buck this coming season!! Silly little button buck!!

Old 04-03-2006, 10:49 AM

Default RE: First Kill of the year....for real!!

LOL way to kill you buddys deer...Tic...Tic ...Tic. Good Story.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:46 AM

damn that kinda sucks but good at the same time.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Why is that when ever this happens it's always a button it seems. I know it's not always, but those buggers have a way of victimizing themselves. You should have let him grow up. LOL. Your buttons appear to be about the same size as a 2 year old doe here in Maryland. So was the meat any good?
Old 04-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Don't ya just hate that? At least you were able to take your deer home. I had a deer run into the sideof my big honkin' Kia a month or two back. The deer shook it off and went right on its merry way. My Kia though has a respectable dent in the driver's door. Guess that was payback for this past season.

Old 04-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

So was the meat any good?
We got both backstraps and one of the hindquarters. Everything else was pretty bruised up.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is one crazy story. Man I feel bad for ya. As a younger gentlemen in college I have a few tickets due to the long drives and my fast speeds. But what can I say I like to go fast. My buddy hit a deer a few months ago right after season went out going about 65, it totaled his car. Yeah, talk about bad luck. At least you car wasn't totaled, and on the upside you got some good venison out of it.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Whatta story!!!

And I know there'll be someone in the profession who'll probably beg to differ, but that's exactly my opinion of just about everyone who wears a badge too: they were either the ones onthe receiving end of bullies and are now looking to "get back" at the world, or they were the bullies themselves who can't bear the thought to give it up and now get the privilege of hiding behind a badge to continue their fun.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Typical Buck

lol hell of a way to get er done, but good work anyway...
Old 04-04-2006, 02:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Gee ,you have days like I do. Clean lookin deer

Quick Reply: First Kill of the year....for real!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.