Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thanks from the Miller Family

Old 04-03-2006, 09:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Thanks from the Miller Family

Thx Dave, My best friend wife is fighting cancer, he made a comment on the phone on Sunday. I told him I was on my way to a 3D shoot, re replied "I wish I had a little normalcyin my life". He has never uttered a negative word until that day.
His wife has been fighting Cancer now for 4 years. I truly am at lost on how to help my friend. I hope to get some of those words of widsdom from you.
My god bless you and your family, we all know your wife is sitting with the angels.

Old 04-03-2006, 10:06 PM

here's a little humor i got off a friend. the 35 year thing is just a coincidence.
There were these 2 bowhunters who could only hunt this one spot side by side 5 feet apart on a hillside overlooking a road down an embankment. One could shoot only to his left, the other to the right only. After awhile the one on the right whispers, horns to your side! Sure enough, King Louie of the Deer Clan is moseying along toward the guy on the left. All of a sudden the guy on the right says, hey you can't shoot, there's traffic! And below them a long line of black cars goes slowly along, with their lights on. The guy on the left lets down on his bow, bows his head and starts praying very quietly. The deer wanders away. Guy #2 says after the cars and deer are gone,"that is the most sensitive thing I have ever seen!" The guy on the left says, "well, we WERE married for 35 years!"
Old 04-03-2006, 10:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hang in there David. I don't know you at all, other than from your posts on here, but you touched me with this one. I lost my mom to cancer 5 years ago when I was 20, and her and my dad had been married 27 years. It was definitely the hardest thing I've had to go through thus far in my life. It's great that you can come on here and talk openly about your feelings. Keep your chin up and take solace in the memories that you have and from those 35 years and use them as a guide to live your next 35. Best of luck hunting this fall and I hope you enjoy each adventure.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dave, I cant tell you how sorry I am to hear of your loss. You have summed it all up so well, so sad, so lucky, so loved. God bless.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

David, I am truely sorry for your loss. I can only imagine the pain and sorro of your loss. Words can NOT do any justice to releave any pain you are going through right now and the time to come. You have the memories stored in you head and can reflect on them any time you want to.

You are so right that WE need to appreciate what we have and never take it for granted. Tell our loved ones we love them hug the kids and appreciate them every second we can. We are not guarranteed anything in this life of ours and even this life can be short.

No one can really feel your pain untill we are in your situation. SO I will say are prayer for you and your family for peace.

David I don't even know if you remember me as I haven't been here for a while but stop by from time to time and see what is going on. Lots of same name and a lot of new ones too. You are one of the ones I remember first when I came on here years ago.

Well David I am truely sorry for your huge loss and wish you peace in your heart. I will pray for your and family and I know your wife is looking down upon you and she is now without pain and sickness. She also has fond memories that she can carry with her in heaven for ever and ever of your family and times you have shared together.

I pray for you with tremendous love

Brian and family
Old 04-04-2006, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

David - You've had a huge impact on me today. My wife and I have 3 young kids and wehave been considering getting a divorce. You're wife's story makes me want to go home and hug her and my kids and work everything out. My thoughts are with you...

Bowhunters are just good people -period. Reading this thead and makes me proud to be associated with you guys.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi David,
I have been away from the hunting net forum for quite a while and just now became aware of your wife's passing.Thinking about howmuch she loved you made me get tears in my eye's.The biggest gift you can give anyone is the gift of allowing them to be themselves.You like most of us are tremendously lucky to have had the women in our lives that we do,it takes a special lady to put up with our obsession.
I will remember her on Saturday and say a prayer for she and your family!I am so sorry for your loss!
Scot
Old 04-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

Dave,
I don't know you as I am new to this site, but my sympathy goes out to you and your family. There is nothing more to say except I will say a prayer for you to help ease your pain. If you get a chance, try to find a song by Brad Paisley called "When I Get Where I'm Going" and listen.
God Bless
Old 04-04-2006, 08:17 PM
Typical Buck

I have been in your position, I know what your going through, and you have every bit of my respect and my confidence, you will make it through this and become an even greater person. Good luck to you and your family as you fight through this difficult time, never forget all of the friends you have, and the courage it takes to go through what you are. My best wishes,
DS
Old 04-05-2006, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

David, Sorry to hear of your loss. She sounds like she was a great mate. I understand what you're going through. Cancer sucks! You have my prayers.