Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I wanna get a new bow.

Old 03-28-2006, 11:35 AM

Default I wanna get a new bow.

My dad just got his old high country bow set up for me to start. But after shooting for a couple days, I learned that I love to shoot and I want a new bow. I will be getting a job this summer and thats how I will pay for it. I cant decide on the Mathew Switchback XT, Bowtech Tomkat, Bowtech Tribute, or the Bowtech Allegiance. Since I only draw about 50 now. If I get a bow that only has a draw of 40-50 can I later get limbs to shoot 60-70? Thats what I am worried about the most with buying a new bow. I dont want to get a youth bow, but I also cant pull back more than 50. My bow now is set at 48 lbs.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:50 AM

Default RE: I wanna get a new bow.

Get stronger over the summer. Shoot shoot shoot.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:57 AM

yea i shoot everyday alot, and i work out every other day. i have been trying my best to get some back exercises in with the others. thursday were doing chest arms and legs and friday were doing alot of legs and all back. so i should get a lot of exercise this week
Old 03-28-2006, 12:27 PM

Well, I'm 49 now and shoot 60 pounds. I used to order 70 pound bows but thinking back,, should have just been ordering 60's long ago. If you get a 50 to 60 pound bow,, it will be all you ever need for hunting and target shooting in this country
Old 03-28-2006, 02:39 PM

I guess nobody wants to come out and say any name brands…wouldn’t want to offend anybody.

Get one of the 60 pound BowTech bows. Shoot/test the Tribute and the Allegiance and then decide what one you like better. For your circumstances dial it down to 51-52 pounds and install the smooth mods. Once you get ready to shoot a heavier weight bow, slowing dial the weight up to 60 pounds with smooth mods installed. Then when you can handle even more draw weight, keep the bow maxed out at 60 pounds and install the fast cam mods. I wouldn’t even think twice about it, you couldn’t ask for anything better for what your requirements are. BowTech is your answer, I will say it loud and clear.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:40 PM

Yadda,Yadda,Yadda
Old 03-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Buy a real bow... Darton, Hoyt, PSE ..... anything but a MMMMmmmmmmmmmm.... Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... WELL, you know.[8D]
Old 03-28-2006, 08:24 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Buy a real bow... Darton, Hoyt, PSE ..... anything but a MMMMmmmmmmmmmm.... Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... WELL, you know.[8D]
hahah
Old 03-29-2006, 02:13 AM

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM as in Mart Inn . Why, my bow works great but am wondering why???
Old 03-29-2006, 06:35 AM

Shoot and shoot more often! keep picking up new bows and see what you like. It is better to go to the heavy end and come down in weight then going the other way. This will give you a chance to grow into a bow instead of getting to 60lbs and having to go buy a new bow because you want to shoot at 70lbs in two years. Unless you want buy a new one all the time like the most of us nuts then that is cool!

Quick Reply: I wanna get a new bow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.