Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

youth bow for an adult?

Old 04-01-2006, 02:02 PM

Default RE: youth bow for an adult?

Oh man that is not good. Good luck, hope they can help you out...
Old 04-01-2006, 02:18 PM

If it was new it's under waranty. It's not good, but it happens. When you make that much product it is bound to happen. Could have happened just as easily with $800 bow.

That does suck though, I hope you didn't get hurt too badly.

Paul
Old 04-01-2006, 03:03 PM

shoot what ever feels natural, and it will all work out!
Old 04-02-2006, 08:33 AM

Sow what did you find out from the shop man?? Did they fix you up?
Old 04-02-2006, 11:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

try the browning F5 i shoot 26 out of it and 55 pounds and it shoots great but the spyder is good too
Old 04-02-2006, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why do you think you need a youth bow? My kid shoots a youth, but he also only 65 lbs and has a 23" draw. No adult bows for that size. My g/frind has a 26" they do make adult bows in these draws. She was shooting a Alpine Impact Extreme. Now we are waiting for her Q2 in the mail. I wouldnt bother with a youth bow.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

PSE has good warranty, however you bought used, so not sure if it carriers owner to owner.

that said, this is the risk of a Used bow, you don't know how the previous owner abused it or not. The shop SHOULD have noticed any cracks in the limbs etc, but they don't always show.

What did the shop do for you? anything?

--Bob

Old 04-03-2006, 05:46 PM

hey all, in a better mood today, I took it into scheels where I got it and they were cool, it turns out the bow didn't break, the string did, and when it broke with the full weight on it, it threw one of the limbs loose into my face. I'm no worse for wear, it shattered the wisker biscuit so I had to buy another one, but that's fine with me, they replaced the string on it for me so I figured it was a good trade off. I wasn't as mad about the bow breaking as I was about trying to find another bow, for me this bow shot like a dream. So all in all, It cost me and hours drive, $17, and a sore face...but the bows fine. I'd rather the bow be fine than my face anyway, my face can heel.

As for TeeJay's question, I don't think I need a youth bow, but I do have a rather short draw lenght at 26", I shot the Spyder and it feel awesome, I was just wondering if there was anything else that I didn't know about a youth bow that I should be worried about. Again, I don't think I have to have a youth bow, but this youth bow fit me and had a heck of a price tag, so I bought it.