Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Squirrels Eating My Seat

Old 10-24-2002, 08:42 PM

Default Squirrels Eating My Seat

Anyone ever have squirrels eat the seat of your fixed stand? The seat of mine was recently attacked by squirrels or something. Anyway, they ripped the fabric and ate the heck out of the foam padding. Do you know if you can just by a seat from the stand manufacturer? In the meantime I plan to use camo duck tape to patch the rather large holes.
Old 10-24-2002, 08:48 PM

Default RE: Squirrels Eating My Seat

don't know the manufacturer but should be able to. take the seat off. find a piece of foam and cut to that size. the wife or upholstery shop should be able to fix it up in no time. might want to fix it so u can take it off tho.

Sooner

"Size isn't important, but it HELPS!!!"
Old 10-24-2002, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

NEVER HAD THAT ONE HAPPEN YET. WAS IT PAINFUL WHEN THEY BIT YOUR SEAT?

bob dunning
Old 10-24-2002, 09:59 PM

Yeah I have had this happen to me before. They do sell pads I know but specifically for your tree-stand.
Old 10-24-2002, 10:02 PM

Yeah I have had this happen to me before. They do sell pads I know but specifically for your tree-stand is another thing.
Old 10-24-2002, 10:29 PM

A buddy of mine and I each had that happen to a new stand this fall. I'll bet you can contact the manufacturer about getting a new cover. If you know somebody that can sew you could probably get them to make you a new cover easily and at minimal cost. My Gorilla has a removable pad so I take it with me.
Old 10-24-2002, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had the same thing happen more than once and judging by the size of the turd I found in mine this year , I'd say it was either a racoon or a Boone & Crocket squirrel.

"Nocked,cocked & ready to rock"
Old 10-24-2002, 10:44 PM

sounds like you need to do some squirl hunting. i had a stand with a plywood seat and it got munched on but it took them a while. in your case i guess they were looking for some insulation for winter.

Old 10-25-2002, 05:07 AM

I know how you feel, I was climbing into my satnd in the dark in early AM, I put my hand on the folded seat to pull it down and next thing I know I feel things hitting me in the head and running down my body, guess what a colony of mice made there new home in between my folded seat. Well trying to hold onto the tree with my other arm and leg, and almost falling because I was so suprised and kinda scared at the same time. Well I said a few nice words climbed onto my stand and sure enough half my seat was gone and still a couple of my new neighbors were still in there, I just brushed them out sat down and settled down.
Old 10-25-2002, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had mice do the same to my husbands stand a few years ago. I went to the upholstery shop and got a new piece of foam( got a piece thicker than the thin piece it had before because the seat never was really comfortable before, to thin of foam) and then took the old camo pants he didnt wear anymore and cut them open . The pants at the thigh were just wide enough to cover the seat with no sewing needed, and used them to cover the foam. I then used a staple gun to attach the fabric to the bottom side of the seat and painted the bottom side of the seat including the staples with camo paint. Works great now and is very comfortable.Hope this will help you.

Quick Reply: Squirrels Eating My Seat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.