Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Switchback XT vs. Trykon

Old 03-24-2006, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Switchback XT vs. Trykon

I shot both of these bows yesterday with similar setups and I must say I liked the XT MUCH better than the Trykon. The Trykon was heavy and clumbsy feeling. It did shoot fairly well though. I just didn't like the feel at all!

The Mathews felt awsome and seemed to have little to no recoil.

Some of my federal refund has already been spent!
Old 03-24-2006, 09:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Switchback XT vs. Trykon

Just goes to show that not all bows are for everyone. My friend ordered the Trykon yesterday after shooting a Mathews Q2 for years....he shot the Allegiance, Tribute, Trykon and Switchback and immediately ruled out the Switchback and Tribute....

Had a hard time deciding and ordered the Trykon....

Guess that's why all bow manufacturers can sell bows. I did the same thing, ruled out the Switchback and went with the Allegiance after shooting Hoyt for 10 years...I do love the Trykon as well...to each their own.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:56 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-24-2006, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Just goes to show that not all bows are for everyone. My friend ordered the Trykon yesterday after shooting a Mathews Q2 for years....he shot the Allegiance, Tribute, Trykon and Switchback and immediately ruled out the Switchback and Tribute....

Had a hard time deciding and ordered the Trykon....

Guess that's why all bow manufacturers can sell bows. I did the same thing, ruled out the Switchback and went with the Allegiance after shooting Hoyt for 10 years...I do love the Trykon as well...to each their own.
Are you referring to the "original" Switchback or the new 2006 Switchback XT?
Old 03-24-2006, 10:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Switchback, not XT and to be honest after shooting them I thought the Switchback was a better bow then the XT and the dealer thought most of his Mathews shooters said the same thing. It's a great bow don't get me wrong and it'll be fantastic for you, after all, that's all that counts. Have a fantastic year with it...
Old 03-24-2006, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure it'll be a good bow.

I just wanted to be sure which bow you were talking about. I've never shot the original Switchback. I would like to shoot the LD at some point but it's a little "after the fact" now seeing how I've already paid for the XT.

I'm getting the XT setup tomorrow. I have my Diamond up for sale. In a way, I don't want to let it go. It was my first bow and just shot a 298 with 35 X's last night in my 5 spot league.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

Like everyone else has said already....too each their own. I shot the Switchback and the Trykon XL and bought the XL. It felt better in my hands and i love the way it shoots.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:00 PM

They're all trash compared to my '80s XI [8D]
Old 03-24-2006, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I set it up myself tonight. Had to take it outside and release a few arrows. My diamond is quiet but not as quiet as this Switchback XT.

I was shooting under a flood light in my backyard so it was tough to get a good view of the actual flight but I think it's pretty close.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

I gotta agree LD...the Switchback and XT are quiet...very quiet.

Quick Reply: Switchback XT vs. Trykon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.