Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Switchback XT vs. Trykon

Old 03-24-2006, 10:46 PM

Default RE: Switchback XT vs. Trykon

Trykon for me. Quite, no hand shock, and smokin fast!!!
Old 03-25-2006, 04:53 AM
Host of Hosts

I shot both of these bows yesterday with similar setups and I must say I liked the XT MUCH better than the Trykon. The Trykon was heavy and clumbsy feeling. It did shoot fairly well though. I just didn't like the feel at all!
I kinda find this opening statement odd... A freind on mine and I just went through this scenario.He bought the Mathews Switchback XT and I purchased the Trykon. His bow is heavier than my Trykon.. Seems very top heavy. I shot the Switchback and a few Bowtechs. He only shot the Mathews and ordered one right away. He is now upset that my Trykon shoots 35 feet per second faster than his Mathews with the same draw weight, only 1/2 inch difference in draw length (his is 28 1/2 mine 29) and the same arrows. They are both nice bows and very well made, but the comment made about the Trykon being clumsy as compared to the Mathews caught my attention and makes me wonder if you really did compare them.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: fight4yourguns

I shot the Switchback and a few Bowtechs. He only shot the Mathews and ordered one right away. He is now upset that my Trykon shoots 35 feet per second faster than his Mathews with the same draw weight, only 1/2 inch difference in draw length (his is 28 1/2 mine 29) and the same arrows.
That's why we preach for newbies and those shopping to shoot as many as possible. I mentioned several times that the Switchback is great however if you don't shoot as many as possible and find the bow that is right for you, your doing yourself an injustice. Shooting just one manufacturer might make you happy with a good bow but you might regret it later and they are too expensive to feel that way.

Sometimes I also question the honesty of some of our comparisons....[&:]
Old 03-25-2006, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

A couple weeks ago I bought an XT and got it setup. I love it!! Fits me perfect and I wouldn't trade it for any bow in the world. You made a good choice. But as said above, everybody needs to find the bow that fits them.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:54 PM

I was just going through the same thing this last Febuary the trykon and switchback XT there both perfect archery shooting machines wether its 3D or Hunting you cant beat either one in performance, Now I shot both these bows for about 3-4 weeks before I made a decision. I shot them bare bones with just a rest, and both with full setups. Now I decided to go with the Trykon,this is the reasons why. The Trykon was heavier which I perfer because I dont like using a large or heavy stabilizer so the trykon was easier for me to keep on target. The Valley on the Trykon felt a little longer and was more forgiving in that department. And finally the Trykon which is 2" longer ATA was for me eaiser to stop from rocking left to right. I came from shooting a Hoyt MagnaTec so for me the Hoyt Cam 1/2 draw cycle was most comfortable to me but I got to give it to mathews when i say that the switchback XT draw is sooo smooth it just draws in perfect. But those where the reasons I chose why I did your going to be happier with either bow though
[/align]
Old 03-26-2006, 05:40 AM
Host of Hosts

After reading my post over. I forgot to say that I was comparing the weight of the switchback and my trykon after accessories were installed on the bows. I do remember the Mathews to feeel super light, but after the accessories were installed his bow(switchback) is definately heavier than my Trykon. But again both bows are awesome pieces of equiptment. Either one would make most archers happy. I think what makes my buddies bow so much heavier is that he put all those accessories with the built in dampners on it. I think it was over kill. None of what I installed on my Trykon has built in dampners and it is still almost a quiet as his mathews. Off the shelf bare bone stock the Mathews has a slight edge on the Hoyt Trykon as far as how quiet they are.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:23 AM
neb
Typical Buck

The switchback