Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Morrell Target

Old 03-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default Morrell Target

I posted this on another forum also... Recently ordered a Morrel target from cabelas,and just wanted to share with you all something.I didn't think to pay attention to the full detail of this target.It is a "Morrel Broadhead Target"and is made exclusivly for broadheads.I found this out the hard way.After shooting field tips into this target I found it extreemly difficult to remove the arrows.It is a really well made target,, but again it is probably best used for broadheads.Just thought I would share before any of you all buy another target.I liked my block targets but am really tired of broadheads cutting the open layers,bag targets are excelent for field tips,and I may have to buy another(the one I have is all shot up).Here are some links to some targets one is the Morrel. http://www.morrelltargets.com/details.asp?product=7 Here is another fine target that if I could afford I would buy http://www.longhornarchery.com/catalog.asp?fn=d&cat=1&item=24 and one more http://www.horizontalbowhunter.com/news/news.asp?ID=68
Old 03-22-2006, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Morrell Target

I love the Morrell Yellowjacket. You are correct ... But don't shoot field points in it, very hard to get them out! For broadheads it beats the pants off the Block. It's half the price and lasts longer.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:43 PM
Site Buck Guru

I bought a Morrel target last year for broadheads and thought it was kind of difficult to remove them from the target, as I had to push them through the back to get them out. This messes up the fletching. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 03-22-2006, 08:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GregH

I bought a Morrel target last year for broadheads and thought it was kind of difficult to remove them from the target, as I had to push them through the back to get them out. This messes up the fletching. Am I doing something wrong?

Did you guy a Yellow Jacket?.. Morrel makes different ones. I've had mine for a long time, and it works great..if your shooting a Bowtech Black Knight,thenyour bow is as fast as mine...And I've never had any problem with the target, much less the arrows going through the target..
Old 03-22-2006, 08:12 PM

LOL !!!! yeah the Yellow Jacket is for broad heads only. says right on the target. Have know people to do that though. I just got the Morrels 6 shooter. Broad heads and field point target.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:32 PM

ORIGINAL: djkiller

LOL !!!! yeah the Yellow Jacket is for broad heads only. says right on the target. Have know people to do that though. I just got the Morrels 6 shooter. Broad heads and field point target.
I would box that 6 shooter up andtake it back. I was using one for a month or so and that thing is a pain in the butt when it comes to pulling arrows out. I had to stand it up on end and put a knee into it, plus use a neoprene gloveto get the arrows out. The Yellow Jacket is a great broadhead target and the super duper is a great field point target.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:38 PM

really!!! That sucks!! I've had mine for about 2 weeks now and ahd no problems w/ arrow removal.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:32 PM

ORIGINAL: djkiller

really!!! That sucks!! I've had mine for about 2 weeks now and ahd no problems w/ arrow removal.
Well that only leaves one thing to blame...my80 ft pounds of KE. Glad the 6 shooter target is working for you. I wishthe 6 shooter workedfor me.So far the other two Morrell products I mentioned above have been working great for my arrows.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:36 AM
Typical Buck

Have any of you guys tried those that I listed in the links?I like the reinhart idea it can be shot from elevations.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just seen these target's on ebay for $39.00 buy it now .My friend on this forum has one that he bought last season and I had a chance to shoot it up for him last seaon,I think it6's the best target I've shot in the past .

nubo

Quick Reply: Morrell Target

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.