Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
WINNERS
26.67%
VAPOR TRAIL
10.00%
STOCK
3.33%
GIBBLET
36.67%
OTHER
23.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

NEW STRING & CABLES?

Old 03-18-2006, 09:34 AM

Default RE: NEW STRING & CABLES?

kodiak archer, just to stick my nose in a bit - i'm wondering if you posted your choices for string and cable backwards. you're definately going against the grain and i'm wondering your reasoning. you've got the less stable and faster material for your cables, and the more stable but slower material for your string. this really goes against the reasoning forusing differentmaterials on a string and cable - most (well, really 100% of folks whouse different materials) want the strength and stability on thier cables and the speed on their string. i'm just interested in your thought process on this.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:20 PM

Gibblet,
Brain fart; it's Brownell FF+ (95 lb./strand) that I used for the cable since I wasn't concerned about keeping weight and diameter down on a cable. The UltraCam (125 lb./strand) let me build a string with less strands which picked me up 6 feet per second (negligible, I know). The only problem I have now is that Easton X nocks don't come in small groove. My A/C Kinetics fit great but the A/C Superslims are a bit loose on the string. If you've got advise or constructive criticism about my choices let me know. String building is brand new to me.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:51 PM

you may try building your cable out of ultra cam also. you can use 4 more strands than your string or so and it'll be a more stable setup than with the ff made from puredyneema (at least i think it is). also i'm not sure what center serving you're using, i'm going to guess brownell .022 by what you describe. if you're using .022, try .026 for those other nocks. if you're already using .026, then try wrapping over theend you put thru the string to get started for just about the entire length. this may prove difficult. i could never do itandnothave somethingthat looks like a snake under the serving until i got my serving machine.
i've got all kinds ofstuff i made the wrong length in different phases of development. if you want me tosend you some ofthem i will. you can kind of reverse engineer themby taking the ends apart and pick up on the tricks i've learned, and hopefully figure out how to do things better than i do (and then call me and tell me how to doit LOL)
Old 03-18-2006, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't need either right now, but from all the reviews, Gibblet will be called on when I need them. Great looking strings gib.

LT
Old 03-20-2006, 08:03 AM
Fork Horn

I have a set of "Cracker's" cables and string on my bow right now that I am very happy with. Great work at a great price. I don't know anything about yourprices or work, Gibblet, but I am very impressed that you mentioned Crackers!! Very classy to mention the competition in a thread like this! I will certainly keep you in mind for next time.

... Shockwave
Old 03-20-2006, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Definately another vote for Gibblet ,can't say any more than what's already been said ,top quality and customer service like no other .

nubo