Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
At least 2 1/2
20.83%
At least 3 1/2
47.22%
4 1/2 and over
9.72%
Any Rack
22.22%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Manage Deer on what basis?

Old 03-24-2006, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: West Virginia's deer hunting hurting!

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

Sylvan - where's the "clever" part
SteveBNy- Did you think I meant "clever" in an adult sense? Sorry I confused you. I meant "clever" in a juvenile, Bevis and Butt Head sense. Does that help?

Old 03-24-2006, 07:44 AM

This thread has gotten a little out of hand! I hunt for the venison! I have self-imposed restrictions (eight-point or better, does, and what I call "inferior" bucks) that I adhere to by choice...not legislation! I hunt on private land, and the owners encourage these same rules for the improvement of the stock. Taking young (not immature...YOUNG) bucks isn't a crime, and shouldn't be. Even the self-proclaimed "trophy hunters" aren't such great predators that they can kill the smartest, slyest bucks (or does). I believe that intelligence in wild animals is hereditary, and that us loud, clumsy humans are killing those that are less intelligent. This is one facet of Darwinism (Please no religious debates...I simply mean natural evolution, or survival of the fittest, with no allusion to "creationism", pro or con!), and is what nature is all about!
Old 03-24-2006, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

This thread has gotten a little out of hand!
You're right Yank, it has and I want to appologize for my last post.It wasn't necessary, clearly"over the top" and I was doing exactly whatI complained about in my very first post. Thanks for the slap!
Old 03-24-2006, 08:20 AM

No apologies neccessary! Spirited debate is what separates us from lesser nations! If on occasion it gets too spirited, so be it...I just was adding my two cents!