Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Central Illinois Outfitters and Dick McCormick

Old 03-09-2006, 11:43 PM

Default Central Illinois Outfitters and Dick McCormick

In November of last year I contacted Dick McCormick of Central Illinois Outfitters regarding the possibility of a semi guided hunt for November of this year. After speaking with him on numerous occassions over the phone (long distance) we reached an agreement and a deposit for our hunt was sent. The five day hunt in Fulton County would involve me and my brother-in-law and would take place the second week of November on 400 acres of one of his properties. The cost would be $1500 each which included 5 days of semi guided hunting, a 6 night stay with three meals per day (licenses not included). The last time I spoke with Mr. McCormick was about three weeks ago and I was advised to send a deposit of 50% for each of us. I received a letter today from Mr. McCormick advising me that Central Illinois Outfitters would be unable to "accommodate" the two of us. Believing this must be a mistake because the hunt had been planned since November of last year I decided to contact him. Mr. McCormick then advised me that after thinking things over it would be unfair to everyone including himself to allow a hunt of "this caliber" for $1500 when he could easily get $3000. You've got to be kidding me, is this a joke? I could not believe what I was hearing. I've made numerous long distance phone calls, sent letters and took a weeks vacation after sending him a $1500 deposit for the both of us. His reply was that it probably wasn't too late to change my vacation with my employer since the trip was scheduled approx. 8 months from now. I was so shocked that an outfitter such as Central Illinois Outfitters would do such a thing that I couldn't even think fast enough to speak my mind. At the end of the conversation he told me perhaps he should have thought things through better. I guess I kept trying to reason with him by explaining everything we discussed along with all of my preparations. It was at this point he said if I was mad, so be it but the hunt wasn't going to happen for half the price of what he normally gets and the phone went dead. Unbelievable!
Old 03-10-2006, 02:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Central Illinois Outfitters and Dick McCormick

Did he offer a refund? If not contact the local DA I would say.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

That joker needs a visit
Old 03-10-2006, 04:47 AM

thats messed up. after he agreed now he wants to change his mind[:@]
Old 03-10-2006, 05:49 AM
Spike

That is a crock, if you make a deal stick to the deal. This joker needs to be reported to whoever licenses outfitters in his state.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Does he have email, copy and paste him the link......that is so very very wrong....he should stand behind his deal especially once money has been deposited.....
Old 03-10-2006, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hear about that...

If I had enough timber available I'd let you come hunt for free.

If this guys is actually in business, you should contact the Better Business Bureau and report this. I know we've got a few lawyers on here, but I am guessing he needs to uphold his original $1500 price point.

Can you imagine forking over $34,000 on a new Chevy Silverado-Z71 package...and your Chevy dealer calls back four months later and says, "Yeah, I'm going to need that truck back...some guy just walked in and will give me $38,000 for it...sorry."

IF the guy is zoned (tax purposes) as a business, he cannot pull the original price of the trip off the table.

Let us know how it all works out for ya.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator

I am sorry that happened to you, its plain wrong. If you don't find another outfitter and still want to use that week to hunt Illinois, come hunt some public land. Might be tough hunting but maybe you will have a good time and save money too.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Well, you go to his NEW website and you'll see why the change. The dude had Tom Miranda, Jessie Morehead and a host of "CELEBS" in last year. With the filming comes new popularity and the guy is trying to cash in. Admittedly it's sleezy, but without something in writing I sincerely doubt you have much recourse legally. He's probably pals with the local magistrate. Bitching isn't probably going to change his mind. I'd look else where. $2,500-3,000 seems to be the price range for the area at that time of year. When he needed customers he could bargain. Now with the TV celebrity exposure he's got more people than he needs. Do you have anything in email or writing from him telling you the price is $1,500. If you do I'd take his azz to court.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

You could sue for damages like the cost of your phone calls, Mail and the cost of your week vacation for both of you. And mabey when he sees how much its going to cost him in the end wich I am sure with Lawyer and cort fees will be way over $1500.00 he just may agree to his orignal contract.

Quick Reply: Central Illinois Outfitters and Dick McCormick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.