Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Central Illinois Outfitters and Dick McCormick

Old 03-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Central Illinois Outfitters and Dick McCormick

dicks email is [email protected], I've already emailed him and let him know what i think of him, you all should do the same.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:38 PM

WHEREN'T YOU TALKING ABOUT CANNED HUNTS? COME ON !
YOU JUST CAN'T AFFORD IT HAHAHA

AND KNOW YOU'RE TRYING TO BOOK A HUNT?
GROW UP!

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: rack tracker

Hey, Did they have any big Pike or Salmon in a 55 gal drum for you to shoot. Or, how about some pigions out of traps, maybe that would be easier. Good Luck on your next canned hunt.
[/blockquote]

< Message edited by mexhuntr -- 3/12/2006 9:18:08 PM >

ORIGINAL: rack tracker

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, THE OLD BAIT AND SWITCH ROUTINE!
Did you ever sign a contract w/ said outfitter? If not your S.O.L.
It my be uneathical, and illeagal but it happens every day in all walks of life. Movers are the best @ that scam. Good Luck straighting things out, but if you do and you get the hunt for 1500.00 Ea. let me know I'll book too!
Old 03-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeah I e-mailed him and got a real ****ty response back. I did e-mail him too so I'm kind of curious as to what he said to you wvOHIOfan. Let me know.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

Thank you for your email, Those are inaccurate facts and a twist on what was said. I have no deposit and I don’t do unguided hunts just guided check out our website. You really should get all the facts before you start accusing anyone for something you know nothing about or are not involved in.

THANK YOU
Dick mccormick

DICK MCCORMICK
CENTRAL ILLINOIS OUTFITTERS
401 COLBROOK DR
SPRINGFIELD, IL 62702
877-246-2255
[email protected]
WWW.CIOHUNT.COM

[/align]
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2006 9:16 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: a poor excuse for an outfitter........

In November of last year I contacted Dick McCormick of Central Illinois Outfitters regarding the possibility of a semi guided hunt for November of this year. After speaking with him on numerous occassions over the phone (long distance) we reached an agreement and a deposit for our hunt was sent. The five day hunt in Fulton County would involve me and my brother-in-law and would take place the second week of November on 400 acres of one of his properties. The cost would be $1500 each which included 5 days of semi guided hunting, a 6 night stay with three meals per day (licenses not included). The last time I spoke with Mr. McCormick was about three weeks ago and I was advised to send a deposit of 50% for each of us. I received a letter today from Mr. McCormick advising me that Central Illinois Outfitters would be unable to "accommodate" the two of us. Believing this must be a mistake because the hunt had been planned since November of last year I decided to contact him. Mr. McCormick then advised me that after thinking things over it would be unfair to everyone including himself to allow a hunt of "this caliber" for $1500 when he could easily get $3000. You've got to be kidding me, is this a joke? I could not believe what I was hearing. I've made numerous long distance phone calls, sent letters and took a weeks vacation after sending him a $1500 deposit for the both of us. His reply was that it probably wasn't too late to change my vacation with my employer since the trip was scheduled approx. 8 months from now. I was so shocked that an outfitter such as Central Illinois Outfitters would do such a thing that I couldn't even think fast enough to speak my mind. At the end of the conversation he told me perhaps he should have thought things through better. I guess I kept trying to reason with him by explaining everything we discussed along with all of my preparations. It was at this point he said if I was mad, so be it but the hunt wasn't going to happen for half the price of what he normally gets and the phone went dead. Unbelievable!

[/align]

[/align]

[/align]
I found this on a message board, and if its true, I hope you get taken to court..... I'll be sure and let all my friends who are planning their illinois trips know howyou do business.

** his reply is at the top.....my email is at the bottom..... he sounds like a real winner.

[/align][/align]
Old 03-13-2006, 10:12 AM
Spike

Sent this guy an email. Really don't care what he thinks of me. Actually if he agreed to sell you a hunt for $1,500 I believe he has to honor his word. It's a verbal contract. I believe that is legally binding. I have an old frind that's a lawyer, I just might call him. But I would swear we were taught in business law class that if you tell Joe you'll sell your new F-250 to him for $10 and he brings out $10 it's too bad for you.As far as outfitters in IL is concerned I'm keeping my mouth shut. I believe I know of the best one out there and he doesn't get any attention. I'm going to tryhis place in thefuture andI'm keeping quiet. I believe it mightbe the best kept outfitter secret in IL.Below is my email.I think it's pretty shady on his part.

I must say that I had your outfitter on my very short list of outfitters I would choose to hunt with. However, after reading this post I have promptly removed you. I know you may think ‘Who really cares?’ But you know what. If you said you’d sell the guy the hunt for $1,500 it’s a legally binding deal. Just like if I said I’d sell you my truck for $10. You’d have the right to buy it for $10. I took my business ethics classes in college as part of my degree. It’s apparent you would benefit from the ethics part of the courses. Anyways, I know you probably could care less about this email because you have your high dollar folks coming there taking there films. Well good for you. Just remember what goes around comes around and when yours comes around I hope you get it real good.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.a...01&mpage=1

Old 03-13-2006, 11:55 AM

Dick.....how appropriate....
Old 03-13-2006, 02:14 PM

Talk about adding insult to injury. During dinner Saturday evening with my family I was greated with a phone call from none other than Dick McCormick. He began by saying he did not appreciate hearing about my post regarding Central Illinois Outfitters. I told him that everything I wrote regarding the situation was true and perhaps he should have thought about this before going back on his word. That's when it happened. He began yelling at me saying I was "small" and nothing I did would effect an outfitter the size of Central Illinois Outfitters. He asked me if I was aware of the "big named hunters" that book hunts with him every year. I told him he apparently had gotten too big for his britches (oh my, I sound like my dad) because now he seemed to have forgotten about us "small" people that got him to where he is today. Again, this all was happening while I'm sitting in a crowded restaurant with my wife and two little boys. I advised him that I didn't appreciate being talked to that way and apparently this made matters worse. He actually used the "F" word twice before I decided to interupt him and tell him he was a very unprofessional ignorant man that apparently runs a very unprofessional guide service. I could still hear him screaming at me as I closed my cell phone to end the phone call.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

unreal..............what a sad excuse for a sportsman............karma is a bitch, he will get his.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unreal, its a shame when people forget how they got where they are in life.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not trying to get in the middle of all this but I have worked from Dick and for CIO. None of this sounds like the Mr. McCormick I know. He was nothing but nice to work for and was always a man of his word. Any of his employees would say the same. CIO strives to be the best Outfitter in the state and just because some "big names" hunt with them doesn't mean they have forgotten about the small people.

Quick Reply: Central Illinois Outfitters and Dick McCormick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.