Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Central Illinois Outfitters and Dick McCormick

Old 03-10-2006, 07:36 PM

Default RE: Central Illinois Outfitters and Dick McCormick

hey i ve hunted with a couple of outfitters in il over the past couple of years and really havnt had any good hunts. I know there is goodoutfitters there but its going to be awhile before i spend any more money on a il outfitters. if this outfitter is going to treat people like that he wont be around that long any way hopefully. i wish there was some way to get some of these grappy outfitters weeded out. and dont get me wrong i dont mine spending money on a good hunt even if nothings killed. but dont feed me a bunch of grap!!!!!
Old 03-10-2006, 07:39 PM

THATS WHAT I WANTED TO SAID, YOU'RE 100% RIGHT DAVID
ORIGINAL: davidmil

YUP, just a low class scum bag. To me your word is your bond. You say it or agree to it, dang it it's your duty to stick to it. Just really low class white trash is all I can say. Idetest thiefs, cheats, and liars. I think this guy qualifies for all 3 titles. May his season be a big pain in the Azz and may he get what he deserves... a blank spot on the calender.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Typical Buck

Did you signa contract?

Get a reciept?

Contact the Illinois DNR if you have they have to be licensed in Illinois.

When where you coming to Illinois?

Don
Old 03-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

That sure does suck!
Old 03-10-2006, 10:08 PM

I really appreciate all of the support guys and I sure appreciate all of the info regarding other locations and/or outfitters I should consider. As for further action, I agree with most of you. As it is, my wife works for our local court system so that I guess is beneficial but with nothingin writing and my deposit checknot beingcashed as of yet I'm thinking why bother. Besides, Icould imagine how a hunt with him would go after all of this. It just blew my mind to read that letter and hear his responses afterspeaking about thissince November. The almighty dollar sure changes people I guess and someone's word doesn't quite mean what it used to.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

If your check hasn't been cashed by all means stop payment on it.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:08 AM
Dominant Buck

YUP... you have a letter saying he can't provide you with the hunt. Stop payment. Send him a registered letter to that effect. Put it behind you and just take the opportunity to tell folks what a slime bucket he is.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:49 PM
Typical Buck

I'm no outfitter, just someone who loves to hunt, but you could come hunt with me. I live quite a bit south of fulton county(Effingham/Shelby county). I have access to a lot of private ground and have some awesome public hunting areas as well. I plan to take the entire month of Nov. off to hunt and always enjoy having someone to hunt with. We have a good number of bucks that will score over 140. The only thing is that I don't want any immature bucks shot on the private ground, but on the public areas you can shoot whatever you want to.
Old 03-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, THE OLD BAIT AND SWITCH ROUTINE!
Did you ever sign a contract w/ said outfitter? If not your S.O.L.
It my be uneathical, and illeagal but it happens every day in all walks of life. Movers are the best @ that scam. Good Luck straighting things out, but if you do and you get the hunt for 1500.00 Ea. let me know I'll book too!
Old 03-12-2006, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Soooooooooooooooo, What's your next move?

Quick Reply: Central Illinois Outfitters and Dick McCormick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.