Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot the trykon today

Old 03-07-2006, 07:34 PM

Default Shot the trykon today

Today I went to the archery shop to look at those Trykons. None of them were setup to shoot, just bare bows. The guy put a prong style rest on the XL and let me shoot it. The bow is fast and I mean SWEET. I really wasn't that impressed when drawing it back. It did not feel as smooth as some of the other bows that I drew back. I pulled the Bowtech patriot back and it definitely drew back smoother. The matthews also seemed to pull back a bit smoother.

I am not going to let this be the determining factor on my purchase. The bow was set on 70lbs and that rollover getting to fulldraw may feel better w/ less poundage. I think anyway. I could get used to it.

The guy gave me a some prices of the Trykons. He seemed really confident that he had the best prices around. The XL is priced at $729.99 and the regular Trykon is $699.99. What do you guys think about these prices? Could I possibly get them cheaper If I try? Thanks
Old 03-07-2006, 07:41 PM

Default RE: Shot the trykon today

I DON'T THINK SO, BUT MAYBE 10 BUCKS LESSAT THE MOST.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Your absolutely right, it takes the right person to appreciate the draw cycle of the Trykon, for that matter the extreme cams of many of the Hoyts over the years butg that's why it's so damn fast as well. If you come from single cams it's likely your not going to fall immediately in love with the draw cycle of a dual cam bow but if your used to that type of draw, it's majical....I love the feel of the Hoyt Trykon, the smoothness and omg the speed it generates which calculates into incredible KE. It's not for the weak of heart or pull but once you shoot one for a while, you can't help but be impressed...I was when I shot the big 3....I put money down on the Trykon and later exchanged it for the Allegiance however after years of shooting Hoyt, I simply needed a change and I'll looking to go back for the Trykon as well...I'm a two bow guy and I have to set the Allegiance up first, then I can sell my Hoyt VorTec and return for the Trykon...I hope.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:56 PM

My ultrasport is somewhat like that but I was not expecting the Trykon to be that way. The XL was shooting 305 at the shop today setting on 70 lbs. Another thing I fogot to mention was the fact that they did away w/ the adjustable drawlength. I think that was kinda dumb. I am sure I will buy one as soon as I have some funds for it.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:41 PM

I shoot a Trykon and don't really feel the "harshness" everyone gets so worked up about (although my last bow was an Ultratec). It does feel different than the Tribute and the Switchback, but I like it. At 33" ATA I find it to be surprisingly forgiving...very steady. But, like many in this forum have said...it's an individual choice.
As for the price, I paid $699 and thought I got as good a deal as I could. There wasn't really much of an availability issue when I got mine, but the guy at the shop said the other day that he was selling them faster than he could get them...meaning a few weeks wait!