Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

climbing stand

Old 03-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default climbing stand

ok guys i tried out my summit tree stand today and everything was ok a lil gettin use to it but i felt a lil shaky at the top anybody got any suggestions how to make things more secure as im climbing and once i get up there?
Old 03-07-2006, 05:13 PM

Default RE: climbing stand

First of all, make sure you aren't in too small diameter a tree. If it's too narrow, the teeth won't seat properly. Secondly, you can use the strap that you use to hold the top and bottom portions together to secure the seat to the tree. Watch the video that came with it, it explains it there. If all else fails, ratchet strap. I use a Viper and stability has never been an issue, unless the tree was too small.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

i just wanna make sure i dont take a tumble of out the tree i've only practice climbing to 7 feet or so... i wanna go to thirteen so i'm working my way up...a little scared of heights.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

kamil i know how you feel. i have a viper xl. the first couple of times i climbed with it i was shakey just from not being used to being in a tree. the more i've used it the more i've gotten used to it. the first time i climbed in the dark was really shakey too.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:53 PM

I applaud you for the effort in overcoming your fear. Take it slow. Those Summits are very stable in the air. I spend days at a time in mine, and never have a problem......DON'T FORGET TO TIE YOURSELF IN!

Oh, and I've gone as high as 30 feet. I love it!
Old 03-07-2006, 06:21 PM

YEP THAT SHOULD BE ALL
ORIGINAL: Hunter06FlKy

kamil i know how you feel. i have a viper xl. the first couple of times i climbed with it i was shakey just from not being used to being in a tree. the more i've used it the more i've gotten used to it. the first time i climbed in the dark was really shakey too.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

wow 30 feet thats a little insane, but congrats . I think i'll stay under 20, but hey u never know. Thanks for the boost in confidence guys. I have a bushmaster not bad for a first stand i'm sure i'll upgrade in a year or two.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Get a Lone Wolf, and forget about it!
Old 03-08-2006, 04:00 PM
Typical Buck

i bought a summit bushmaster ....it was cheap but i heard its very reliable and its comfortable too its not one of the nicest models but for under 150 i couldnt resist
Old 03-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

Dito on using a strap to tie the cables on thesame side of the tree you sit. When this is done you cant move the stand at all.
I also go very high when gun hunting. no scent up there. Use the safety harness, you would rather have and not need it than need it and not have it.

Quick Reply: climbing stand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.